Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Fire From Within

2020 NASCAR Pool - Open to all members

Here are the rules. Same as last season, but a chance for more points!

1. Select 4 drivers, and mark one as your favorite for a Win and Stages. Points will be taken from the official results posted on NASCAR.com after the race. Your best 3 scores will be recorded for the race and overall season. Picks must in before the Green Flag drops for the race, see rule 3 for late entry. Selections can be posted as early as you wish. If you want to pre-select due to a vacation, just let us know.
    2. Extra points will be added to the score for a race win or stage win. A race win will get 50 pts, but winning an intermediate stage will get 10 points. So, if your favorite sweeps the stages and race, you will get 70 (or 80 pts for Charlotte 600) additional points. Bonus points will be added, even if your favorite is a DNF.
    3. Late entries will be accepted until mid 1st stage, however not eligible for the diecast for the individual race, no bonus points for the 1st stage, and will have 1/2 points of the second lowest pick of the entry... the top two picks will be scored normally for the following stages.
    4. If you miss your selection or submit after mid way of the 1st stage, you will still get points, but will be 10 points less than the lowest entry submitter, unless you pre-selected and announced it, via pm to me or another moderator.
    5. In case of a tie at the end of the season (or series), the winner will be the one who selected the most winners. If there is a single race and a tie, or if there is a tie for a series/season with the number of winners, we will look at the number of laps led by your 'favorite'.
    6. No season points will be awarded for the All Star race. However it might be the 'single' race for a diecast.
    7. Pocono Weekend... There will be 2 races that weekend, but we might just use the same picks per race, or separate picks, or just do the Sunday race. To Be Determined...

Playoff Futures contest: At the end of the regular season, the remaining drivers for the championship will be seeded to the total points they got. Pool players can pick who they think will win the overall championship, and will get added points to their score if they got it right. The points you get will depend on the seeding, but also when you make the pick...the earlier, the more you get. There are 10 races in the playoffs, and will use a multiplier of 2x for each of the seeds, but will deduct the maximum points by how many races you waited before you picked...so

#1 seed = 1x2x10 = 20 points for first weekend, 1x2x9=18 points for second weekend pick, and so on
    #16 seed = 16x2x10 =320 points, then second weekend 16x2x9 = 310 points and so on.

This should allow for a 'hail mary' pick to win the overall championship for the pool...so those who are way behind can pick a low seed to catch up.

Questions... please feel free to ask, and good luck!

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Cool, Thanks dara...!

Fire From Within

Bump.... Come join us before the race starts!

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...-1-Daytona-500

Fire From Within

Standings after Race 1:

Fire From Within

Standings after Race 2:

Fire From Within

Standings after Race 3:

Fire From Within

Standings after Race 4:

Fire From Within

The expected restart of the season is May 17, with bi-weekly races at Darlington and Charlotte.

So, be ready to pick the Cup races! No Practice races, I'm not sure how they will schedule the rest of the season, or even qualifying. See 4me2c's Racing News thread for more details!

For Race 5 and 6 at Darlington, no qualifying. I'll post the Race 5 thread on May 10 (Mother's Day) to get thing's re-started.
    Last edited by dara; 05-02-2020 at 04:16 PM.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Thanks for the Update dara, Hope All in Your Family are doing Well and being Safe...!

With 7 Races in 10 Days, that's even Hard on the Drivers...! How many will bee made into Pool Races if You don't mind letting US know...?!?

TIA...

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post

With 7 Races in 10 Days, that's even Hard on the Drivers...! How many will bee made into Pool Races if You don't mind letting US know...?!?

TIA...

Just the NASCAR Cup races. I just noticed that the Wednesday races are at night, so I'll be able to monitor those live. I do hope these races don't get rain delayed. From what I'm reading, it looks like the final 10 races will be run no matter what, which includes the Southern 500 and ROVAL. That means that 3 races may be cancelled if they want to run the 36 race schedule.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast