HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar

Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Icon and Spartacus Star, Dies at 103

Kirk Douglas, one of the first box office stars of the silver screen, has died. He was 103.

The acting legend, who had been in good health since suffering a stroke in 1996, is survived by his wife of 65 years Anne Buydens, and his three sons: Michael, Joel, and Eric.
    “It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103,” Michael said in a statement obtained by PEOPLE. “To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to.”
    The actor continued, “But to me and my brothers Joel and Peter he was simply Dad, to Catherine, a wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchild their loving grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband.”
    “Kirk’s life was well lived, and he leaves a legacy in film that will endure for generations to come, and a history as a renowned philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet,” Michael added. “Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday and which will always remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be your son.”
    In December, Michael became a Golden Globe nominee for The Kominsky Method as his father rang in his 103rd birthday.
    To celebrate, Michael, 75, shared a sweet Instagram photo of his famous father and himself, thanking the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for nominating him on the same day as Kirk’s milestone birthday.“What a great day. Thank you HFPA for the Golden Globes nomination and for making my Dad proud on his 103 birthday!” Michael wrote.
    In November 2018, Douglas attended Michael’s induction at the Hollywood Walk of Fame in November — where the Basic Instinct star honored his father.
    “It means so much to me, Dad, that you’re here today,” Michael said tearing up. “Thank you for your advice, inspiration, and I’ll say it simply and with all my heart: I’m so proud to be your son.”
    With over 92 acting credits, including some 75 movies, seven of which co-starred his friend Burt Lancaster, Douglas became a superstar even before the term was coined.
    He received his first Academy Award nomination in 1950 for Champion, and was nominated again in 1953 for the Hollywood expose The Bad and the Beautiful, and once more in 1957 for his performance as Vincent Van Gogh in the biopic Lust for Life.
    In 1996, he was awarded an honorary Oscar for 50 years as a creative and moral force in the motion picture community.
    While Douglas’ on and off-screen bravado could be overpowering, and even difficult at times, he was a man of heartfelt conviction, hiring blacklisted screenwriter Dalton Trumbo — and giving him full-screen credit — to write the 1960 epic Spartacus, in which Douglas starred and served as executive producer.
    “It was such a terrible, shameful time,” Douglas told PEOPLE about the communist purge of the entertainment industry during the ’40s and 50’s. “Dalton was in prison because he refused to answer questions, so I decided, the hell with it! I’m going to put his name on it. I think that’s the thing I’m most proud of because it broke the blacklist.”

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Exclamation

Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/Big-Trees-Kirk-Douglas/dp/B0741PGKT8/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=The+Tall+Trees&qid=1580978087&s=movies-tv&sr=1-2
    and

[
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/War-Wagon-John-Wayne/dp/0783228031
    These are Two of My Favorites with Him in them...! I don't recall ever seeing a Movie that He was in being Bad, Great Actor, May He Rest In Peace...!

Fire From Within

Paths of Glory is a good one as well, he plays French Colonel Dax, who defends his men on charges of cowardice during WW I