Junoir Member

Moving data to a SD Card

Hi
    When trying to install an application on my Dreamlink T2 Prime I get a message telling me that there is not enough memory to install anything. I get the suggestion to delete unnecessary software, which I did but I still get the same not enough memory available. It seems that 4.9 gig are being used already. I installed a 32 gigs SD Card and I hoped that I could move the applications to the SD card or, at least, install a new application on this micro sd card but I cannot figure out how to tell my T2 to install on the SD Card. The system seems to be able to install only on the built in memory. Am I trying to do some impossible task? Or am I missing something.
    Thanks for any help.

Applications (programs installed from .apk files), will only install into local protected system directories.
    After installation, the .apk files can be moved or deleted.
    *Users do not have access to system storage.
    *The more apps you install, the larger the systems protected storage becomes, and the smaller the users available local storage becomes.
    External storage is for user data (movies, documents, etc.)
    It cannot be used by the system for active runtime usage.

Go into Android settings/ Storage. It will show you what is being used.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for your reply. I did check storage to see what is being used. If I add up what is being allowed to all the applications I end up with a total of 769 MB. On the other hand, the Internal Shared Memory show a red triangle alert and displays 4.58 GB used of 5.02 GB. I deleted several applications but it looks like they are still using memory. What is my option?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I did check storage to see what is being used. If I add up what is being allowed to all the applications I end up with a total of 769 MB. On the other hand, the Internal Shared Memory show a red triangle alert and displays 4.58 GB used of 5.02 GB. I deleted several applications but it looks like they are still using memory. What is my option?
    Thanks
    Deleting the apk application file will not free up system space.
    You need to uninstall applications, or open the settings for each application and clear cache data and/or clear temp storage also.

Junoir Member
    I actually uninstalled the applications; I did not delete them. I eventually located the problem: the download folder. I just deleted everything that was in that folder and I recovered the space I needed.

Thanks.

You got Dreamlink T2 Prime box. I have Dreamlink T2 Prime 5G box and many Apps from Play Store showed that my box has only 5GB total storage space. I thought box should have 8GB storage space that is according to specs from the Dreamlink website. What is your total storage space on your Dreamlink T2 Prime box?