Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPG Info FIX

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

EPG Info FIX

Since the last Official Update there have been some EPG errors when viewing the EPG Channel Grid and Channel info Bar (as reported by yous)

I should have known this but I had to ask one of the Techs.
    Got our answer this morning.

-Open the MOL2 with the side bar menu showing ... (while viewing a channel, use the Menu button to bring up that side-bar menu).
    -Open the Connections.
    -Open the Server being used.
    -Ensure it is Disconnected and then open the Edit function for that server (you can not edit if the server is Connected, so it must first be Disconnected).
    -Scroll down to EPG Mode and set that to UTC
    -Then scroll down in that same menu and use the Connect function.

Follow path...
    MOL2 > Connections > Server > Edit > EPG Mode > UTC > Connect

That last step saves the UTC setting, so ensure to follow that.

Big thnx credit to ZD tech for his help with the answer.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-25-2020 at 12:22 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    My boy crazed 8.4 to the rescue again...who would of thought that that's all it took to fix the epg issue...Thanks again crazed 8.4 for pulling us out of a jam again and I can confirm 100% working which is a good thing cause I didn't like the m3u playlists cause you lose logos and the channels are numbered different starting from 1 and up not like we used too

TV Addicted
    Update side epg working but all of the epg is off by an hour or so😵also epg is different on side epg from big screen epg they dont match

Quote Originally Posted by Imp08ala View Post
    Update side epg working but all of the epg is off by an hour or so😵also epg is different on side epg from big screen epg they dont match
    set your time zone accordingly to fix the discrepancy. Or set that Off set option... I am not sure but you can fix that.

UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-28-2020 at 03:35 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    The offset option fixed it but if my time zone and time where correct how did my guide get ahead 5 hours🤣

What about the non- mol users
    Lets Go !

Quote Originally Posted by Bkman2020 View Post
    What about the non- mol users
    The DOL2 also has the EPG Mode setting as 'Normal' or 'UTC'
    While on LiveTV channel, press the Menu button on your RCU. You will find the EPG Mode option there.
    But you should not need change that Mode from 'Normal'
    With the T1 Plus here and with latest updates and the DOL2 , I have left it set on 'Normal' with EPG information correctly shown.
    - Frank Zappa

K thanks 👍
    Lets Go !

All programs that deal with EPG guide data, are designed to use the standard EPG guide data format, that by default is diseminated out synchronized to UTC time (or GMT or Zulu *all the same).
    Programs will take the data and offset it, according to the Timezone location of the user, and there is a specific field in the data to enter the offset.

The provider EPG has an offset already set, so I am at a loss as to why they continue to do this, and cause other problems???
    Below is 2 programs from the Providers guide data, and 2 from guide_ks.xml;
    Code:
    <programme start="20200127190000 -0500" stop="20200127200000 -0500" channel="21793" ><title>Classic Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? </title><desc>Category: Game show, Entertainment, Series, tvshow

Description: 

Classic highlights from the quiz show, relive nail-biting moments and chat with the contestants.

Credits: 

Director: Ian Hamilton,  Jonathan Bullen,  Paul Kirrage,  Claire Michel,  Patricia Mordecai.

</desc></programme><programme start="20200127200000 -0500" stop="20200127210000 -0500" channel="21793" ><title>The Chase </title><desc>Category: Game show, Entertainment, Series, series

Description: 

Four strangers work as a team to answer general knowledge questions. They must defeat the Chaser, a ruthless quiz genius, in order to win money.

</desc></programme>
    ====================================================
      <programme start="20200124000000 +0000" stop="20200124010000 +0000" channel="21793">
        <title>Classic Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?</title>
        <desc>Classic highlights from the quiz show, relive nail-biting moments and chat with the contestants.* EPG by /kens</desc>
        <category>Series</category>
        <category>Game Show</category>
        <category>Entertainment</category>
        <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p8200090_b_v5_ab.jpg" width="240" height="360" />
      </programme>
      <programme start="20200124010000 +0000" stop="20200124020000 +0000" channel="21793">
        <title>The Chase</title>
        <sub-title>The Chase</sub-title>
        <desc>Four strangers work as a team to answer general knowledge questions. They must defeat the Chaser, a ruthless quiz genius, in order to win money.* EPG by /kens</desc>
        <category>Series</category>
        <category>Game Show</category>
        <category>Entertainment</category>
        <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p8158525_b_v5_ab.jpg" width="240" height="360" />
      </programme>
    Setting the EPG setting to UTC from normal, should only use the raw data without having the offset field adjusted.(which works perfectly for users in Londons Timezone, but will offset everyone else by +/- 1hr. per Timezone shift).
    I mentioned before about the blank lines in the provider guide causing problems, as well as having all info in the Description field, but it seems to go into deaf ears.
    ***No Offense intended, ..just trying to help!

TV Addicted
    I hear you Shooty...maybe crazed 8.4 can pull some strings and get a hold of the Top dawgs and hear you out to address this correctly if you have solutions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast