Thread: Mecum Guitars

Rocket Recovery Technician

Mecum Guitars

Geddy Lee from RUSH sold some of his guitar collection at Kissimmee. I would have bid on two of them had I known they were for sale I would just about kill to own either, they were Gibson a 1960 ES 345 SV cherry, and my all time favorite ALMOST "just needed varitone" a 1960 ES 355 B. I lived in Knoxville Tn. about the time these were made and I looked at an ES 355 SVB at a music store next to the Tennessee Theatre It was about 400 dollars then. I have loved that model every since. Too bad we are loosing so much of the musical history in Rock, Country and real Blues.

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    I saw a poster during the Bullitt Mustang auction and wondered if that was Geddy on it.

Here you go.......................

1962 Gibson ES-355 Cherry Finish Original Vintage Electric Guitar w / OHSC
    BURBANK, CALIFORNIA, 91506, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

$15995
    1962 Gibson ES-355 In Very Good Overall Condition With Normal Wear (Please See All Photos) Original Cherry Finish Is In Very Good Condition And Shows Some Finish Checking, Marks, And Dings No Breaks, Cracks, Repairs, Or Issues Whatsoever Two Original PAF Pickups, One Sticker, One Without Ebony Fingerboard Block Inlays Original Frets Are In Very Good Condition Original Hardware Shows Some Tarnish Aside From Having A Different Tailpiece At One Point Causing A Few Extra

Last edited by floder2; 01-14-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Rocket Recovery Technician
    That your guitar floder2, or did you send it from an ad? it looks good, but top dollar means original everything, I don't expect to get one cheap, I do want an Original ES 355 SVB (Stereo varitone Bigsby) tailpiece. Buddy Church sold his Yellow ES355 for $5500 at Guitar Center in Germantown, TN. I haven't heard from him in about three years, the last I heard he had a bad cancer recurrence and was really down. That guitar had been on stage with almost every artist in country, rock and blues that ever set foot on a stage in Memphis. If I had known at the time he wouldn't need it I would have shelled out whatever he wanted. I just told him he didn't need to sell a part of history. He worked at the GTown store for a while till he got sick again. I hope he is still living, been a long time since I have been to the river.