Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    crazed 8.4,
    A lot to take in. I used the m3u playlist, when it was first introduced as an option to the mac address, once for a short time, just to see if it worked. I'll give the playlist a shot. If I have any questions along the way, I'll ask.
    Thanks crazed 8.4
    hapy
    I have found that the Total Commander Manager/Explorer works for this and does work somewhat better then either the FX or the ES Explorers.
    Most of the reason is because it uses less steps to get the same job done. And the Total Commander is in your T3 Market, which makes things that much easier.
    Currently I am working on a written tutoral for us.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Crazed8.4,

Using Total Commander, I followed your instructions from your sticky you just posted. Everything seemed to go along with your instructions. When I tried to connect to the playlist I got this error message:

Connection Error
    Check Connection settings
    Code:3
    I checked my donation number and the rest of the info. you provided in the sticky for the playlist url. I replaced the 66 info with the rocket info.
    What should I try from here?
    hapy

Crazed8.4,

Using Total Commander, I followed your instructions from your sticky you just posted. Everything seemed to go along with your instructions. When I tried to connect to the playlist I got this error message:

Connection Error
    Check Connection settings
    Code:3
    I checked my donation number and the rest of the info. you provided in the sticky for the playlist url. I replaced the 66 info with the rocket info.
    What should I try from here?
    hapy
    I had made a mistake with that URL
    Shooty had recently pointed out my mistake to me and I have since fixed it.

I had mistakenly deleted the & symbol,
    The & symbol directly in front of the word 'password' was missing
    The code below shows it correctly.

Code:
    http://s1.iptv66.tv:80/get.php?username=******&password=******&type=m3u_plus&output=ts
    You can also get that string address from the service website, once you log on to your code (with the MAC deleted).

Let me know how it goes from here
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-12-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    crazed8.4,
    I made the correction as you noted above and gave it a new name. First I went to connections and deleted the last playlist I tried so it would be a fresh start. Then I went through the steps again. Everything looked right. Hit connect and the same result. Connection error. I went to the service website and deleted the Mac to get the address. I copied the address and then went back into the service site and put back the MAC. I made a new .txt file and added to the usb. I went through the steps as before with the same results.

crazed8.4,
    I made the correction as you noted above and gave it a new name. First I went to connections and deleted the last playlist I tried so it would be a fresh start. Then I went through the steps again. Everything looked right. Hit connect and the same result. Connection error. I went to the service website and deleted the Mac to get the address. I copied the address and then went back into the service site and put back the MAC. I made a new .txt file and added to the usb. I went through the steps as before with the same results.
    Are you attempting to connect after the Playlist URL has been added or after the EPG URL has been added?
    It needs to Connect after each, so it saves each.
    Does not sound like the issue thou, but had to ask.

Easiest thing to try first is go to website and log on to your code and do a IPTV Reset.
    Then retry that Playlist slot.

If still not working, then delete the MAC from website (leave it deleted) and perform a Reset there and then retry that Playlist slot
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-13-2020 at 05:09 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    No. I have only been working with the playlist file.
    I have one question. Should I set up the playlist slot before I do the IPTV resets?

No. I have only been working with the playlist file.
    I have one question. Should I set up the playlist slot before I do the IPTV resets?
    the iptv reset should not really be needed for this.
    I have never needed to do that when doing this.
    I just added that as a extra thing to try but it should not be necessary.

But did you try with MAC deleted and a reset after that ?
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    I just tried with the MAC deleted and used the playlist from the site. It worked.
    Now I am going to add the Ken's epg. I'll let you know the results.
    hapy

TV Addicted
    I just tried with the MAC deleted and used the playlist from the site. It worked.
    Now I am going to add the Ken's epg. I'll let you know the results.
    hapy
    Neither the "ken" or the "acid" worked on 2 separate connections I created with the same playlist. The connections opened with no info.

well damn
    I am thinking now that the outline I posted about leaving the MAC attached only works with my admin pass.
    However, I have tried the same pass with other boxes (Buzz and EZ Player) and it does not work the same. If I want to use the Playlist URL I would need to delete the MAC, but not with the Dreamlink.
    But I guess this must be an anomaly with these admin passes and does not work the same with a member's pass (code).

But them EPG urls should work fine and they have nothing to do with MAC or no MAC
    They both are working here.

Sorry hapy for all this run around confusion I may have caused.
    I will modify that Sticky thread to show how to Copy and Paste but exclude that MAC explanation part
    - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast