Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    TV Addicted

EPG problem after the latest update

I just installed the new update. The epg is all messed up. I can only get the title of the show when the the epg button is pressed. Any other way that it normally shows the title and info., like the ok button, shows no title or info. Now it is also buffering bad on various channels. The vod is also buffering. I don't know if the buffering is related to the update or not. After Crazed posted the software update info, I waited a day. I didn't see any problems reported, so I updated. Has anyone else having the problem after the update?

hapy

Yup same here. Haven't tried VOD, or seen any unusual buffering though.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Joker View Post
    Yup same here. Haven't tried VOD, or seen any unusual buffering though.

My buffering seems to be ok now on both the vod and live. Epg still bad.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    not related to update , nope.
    I had heard that there was some Server 'tweeking' taking place and that was prolly the cause.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Maybe if they would Format the EPG data properly, they would have a lot of happy users!
    *BTW, ...I posted previously, what the problem was, and also posted a "quick fix" to partially fix the formatting.
    *(This will not correct the genre/ category formatting error, but will fix the problem of no Info. in the description).
    >>> "REMOVE ALL LINE FEEDS -ex; \n or <LF>" <<<

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    not related to update , nope.
    I had heard that there was some Server 'tweeking' taking place and that was prolly the cause.
    crazed 8.4,
    What do you suggest I do? Should i try a software reset? Or just wait for some sort of fix.
    hapy

The buffering is or was related to server or internet of things.
    The EPG issue you outlined is not a new thing.
    Sorry, I missed exactly what the issue was the first time I read this.
    I doubt it is anything to do with the update thou.
    More believable or understandable is what Shooty outlined (or similar script work for the channels), is prolly why this is happening.

I will next try an m3u URL and with ken's or Acid's EPG URL and see how that looks.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Okay, so I tested with m3u Playlist URL and both Ken's and Acid's EPG URLs and the guide info is there and correctly shown.

If you want to try that, the T3 sever Connection slots work nicely for that. And once you get it all setup, you will be able to switch between MAC and Playlist methods just by choosing which to connect to.

Normally the first thing to do is to log onto your code at the service webpage and delete your MAC from there.
    Then log back on and take note of the m3u Playlist URL which should be shown there.
    But if you already have the URL then with these Dreamlinks there is no need to delete that MAC.... but in order to get the m3u URL you would need to delete the MAC and then log back on and get the Playlist URL that would now be shown there in place of your MAC
    Copy that URL and save it in a notepad tex doc for future uses.
    This works only with Dreamlink models, with other models you would need to delete the MAC or the Playlist URL will not work, even with the correct Playlist URL entered into a server slot.

That URL would be entered into a Playlist slot in your T3s Connections menu.
    The EPG URL would also be entered in here.

To save all the work entering the URLs, you can use a File Manager/Explorer app and do the Coping thru that app.
    Then paste the URLs into the Playlist URL and EPG lines with the Paste function that is working in that menu.
    I have posted a guide on how to do that but it was in a thread somewhere which is.... ummmm well its somewhere

I will try and post up a guide soon for the Copying and Pasting process.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-11-2020 at 12:00 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

here it is, but it needs some updating.

I have since stopped using the ES Explorer and went with the FX File Explorer
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...-File-Explorer
    And also I do not explain correctly how to do these functions with the RCU alone and its onboard mouse function and that works well enough if not using an external mouse.

But here it is in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    Here is what I did to copy and paste the EPG URL into the EPG URL slot, thru the MOL2 Playlist option.
    I understand that you know most of these steps and my explaining may look overboard, but it is there as a complete step by step walk thru for all of us
    Thnx guys..... and here it is...

Install ES File Explorer .. it can be found in your Market under the 'ETC' category.
    On your desktop create a text document (Notepad doc) and name it anything you want.
    Open it and paste the EPG URL that you want added to the Playlist slot.
    Transfer that text file onto USB drive and insert into T3.
    Open the ES File Explorer on your T3.
    You should see your USB storage device.
    Look below at the table of options for the Note Editor and open it.
    Up to this point I have been using the T3 remote, but these next steps work better with an attached mouse to your T3.

Once the Note Editor has been opened it will show any text file's content.
    You should see your full EPG URL that you pasted earlier.
    Up top in the Tool Bar is an Edit function, Click it.
    Then highlight the URL line with your mouse function, and then double tab the line. Two edit balloon tools should appear... Expand the two balloons to capture the complete line.
    Up in the toolbar again is a Copy option. Click it.

Exit ES Explorer and open MOL2 and open a new Playlist slot.
    Highlight the EPG URL slot, and with the onscreen keyboard removed.....
    This next step requires a wireless mouse attached. I have tried in many ways with the supplied remote but have found only the wireless mouse works for this (or a wireless keyboard would too I suppose).
    Ok, with the EPG line highlighted with the blinking text cursor, right click (or was that left click) and hold the mouse button, while hovering over that line.
    A balloon edit tool will appear and the PASTE option will also appear too.
    Select PASTE and your previously copied URL will appear.

This same method can be used to add a Playlist URL, if that is the way you are connecting.

If anyone knows of a way to copy the URL to T3 clipboard or emulated storage and paste from there, please do tell ... that would eliminate the need for the ES File Explorer.
    Thnx

*added note.....
    If you are doing this same process for the Server URL, then you must press the Connect option after that line has been entered. Pressing the Connect will save the server slot with that URL entered.
    You need to do this because once you enter the Server URL and then open the ES File Explorer to do this process with the EPG URL, your server slot and info already entered will be lost because it was not first saved.
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    crazed 8.4,
    A lot to take in. I used the m3u playlist, when it was first introduced as an option to the mac address, once for a short time, just to see if it worked. I'll give the playlist a shot. If I have any questions along the way, I'll ask.
    Thanks crazed 8.4
    hapy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast