Cool Other Than A 140 Mile Roundtrip, A Positive Renewal Experience

I was down to the last couple of weeks left on my two Rockets and a bit nervous about my first Bitcoin adventure. So I reviewed all the material and it finally hit me. All you do is renew on the website, take a picture of a symbol, go to the Bitcoin ATM, let the machine scan the symbol, and stick money in the machine until the correct fractional Bitcoin number is met or slightly exceeded. Then you hope it all works. And DAMN it did work pretty much like that!

The only thing is I live in a rural area where the closest Bitcoin ATM is 70 miles away. When I got to the convenience store, I wanted the workers to think I'd been doing this all my life. So I just walked up to the machine, touched the screen and followed directions (remembering the video I'd watched more than once). I indicated I wanted to buy Bitcoin and it asked me for my cell phone number to receive a password text message. I immediately got the code on my phone and entered it on the ATM screen. I then held my phone with symbol picture up to the ATM's scanner and the wallet details showed up on the screen. I put bills into the machine, watching after each to see if I was close to the Bitcoin equivalent amount stated on my renewal order. I did overpay a bit because I inserted a 10 for the last bill and could have probably put in a 5 to just inch over the right number. I'll be smarter next time.

By the time I drove back home, the Rocket renewal success email was in my inbox, and I confirmed the order status and checked both Rockets. Both showed the correct number of days remaining and I breathed a sigh of relief.

All in all, it went just like it should.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    thnx for the report Falcon
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Indeed...! Thanks for that Post Falcon05...!

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Yeah it is a good 95 to a BC atm that does buy and sell from here. I can do a buy only about 30. It is just about as easy to keep a wallet if you can afford the wild swings from 3,000 to 20,000 the yearly "quickening" (AKA Highlander) is coming up and it will probably zoom up in a little. I am down to a short one though so I guess it will soon be time. Thanks for the info Falcon5, I will keep a running price check an may hit one when BC is at a low.