VLC Not working for VOD on my Macbook Pro

Hi all,
    I'm not sure what is happening. Live TV works on VLC but when I choose a VOD I get rejected. After trying a few I had to reset my IPTV on the website to get anything to work on Kodi. Obviously I wasn't trying to use both at the same time. I was hoping to us VLC with a large cache setting so as to stop the bufferring I get on Kodi. Yes I have modified the advancedsettings for Kodi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diode View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm not sure what is happening. Live TV works on VLC but when I choose a VOD I get rejected. After trying a few I had to reset my IPTV on the website to get anything to work on Kodi. Obviously I wasn't trying to use both at the same time. I was hoping to us VLC with a large cache setting so as to stop the bufferring I get on Kodi. Yes I have modified the advancedsettings for Kodi.

Thanks
    Kodi's default player is useless for VOD selections (Constant stuttering & skipping every ~30 seconds or so).
    Turning off Hardware acceleration in the Player Settings help a bit, but does not eliminate the problem completely!

*I suspect this is what is the cause of your problem and not buffering due to network latency (or slow data rate).

To solve this with Kodi, you should use an External Player for any video other than LiveTV (PVR internet stream formats (.TS)), will use the internal player, video formats (.mp4, .mkv, .avi, etc.) would be sent to an External Player (MX Player recommended).

This requires a setting file to be created and saved to the userdata directory telling Kodi how to set itself up.
    The file is called playercorefactory.xml.
    Google it for more info, or check the Kodi wiki for more info;
    Code:
    https://kodi.wiki/view/External_players
    also more info here;
    Code:
    https://kodi.wiki/view/IOS_FAQ#Formats_and_resolutions_iOS_devices_can_playback

Thanks Shooty I'll give it a try.