Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    XRS4500 is not for sale yet.............try the XRS4000
    Last edited by catz; 02-01-2020 at 11:22 PM.

TV Addicted
    are the xrs 's going to have option to change mac

i think all buzz do

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    i think all buzz do
    The 4000's do not. Not sure about the 4500 series coming out?

Let us hope 4500 series enable mac changing function.

TV Addicted
    I was told from Buzz no enable Mac changes last time I talked to them.. I ask when I had problems with my xr 4000

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    here is the thing with generating new MACs ... and I get this sent to me often enough to get fixed.

Okay, lets say a person changes the MAC on their Buzz box (or any box that allows it).
    So now they have a new MAC that was randomly generated, but is it a 'new' MAC ?
    In fact there could be another IPTV device out there some place that already has that MAC. Maybe that device has not yet been sold to a customer. And then when that box does sell and the new owner tries registering their MAC with a certain IPTV service (same service as the Buzz owner is using), but the registration fails because that MAC is being used by some other device (the buzz box that had it's MAC changed now has that MAC and has already been registered with service).
    So now this new owner of this 'other' box now has to contact the service administration and prove by a picture that the MAC in question is in fact theirs and then the service would release that MAC and the new owner can now use and register his rightful MAC addy, he has to do this because his new box does not have the option to change the given MAC
    So that fixes that, but what about that Buzz owner that change his MAC in the first place?
    That box will no longer connect to the service because the MAC has been reset back to rightful owner.
    So what happens next ?
    Logically he would then generate another 'new' MAC .... and the process continues

I receive approx one message per month with this problem and I then ask for that picture and send in to service administration and wait till it gets released. All this usually takes 24 hours or less but that is 24 hours lost to the new owner.And more hassle for the Buzz owner because he now has to generate a new MAC and register it and etc... as long as that Buzz owner figures out that his MAC was disallowed for his box. Maybe he does not figure this out till days later and has now also lost time on his code because of all this

That is just something that I see over the years at helping people behind the scenes
    It may not even be that much of an issue but there it is... and I for one am glad that the MAC generation option is not included on the new boxes.
    Sorry guys

The last person with this issue happen to him was floder2
    floder2 just recently had to wait to have his MAC released on a new XR4000 box because of this very reason.

I need to also say that this is not a new issue that started with the buzz xpl3000 boxes that allowed the MAC change.
    This issue has been happening since this service first started many years ago. Prolly because of the Stalker STB EMU MACs that were generated randomly. Which incidentally are now using a different MAC prefix which is maybe to help combat this 'MAC already in use' issue.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-04-2020 at 02:38 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

any news when xrs 4500 will be available for sale in western Canada?
    thanks

Warrior
    Launch is friday afternoon

Thanks NBS Thanks to Team Buzztv for the Great work

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast