Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Uncut Gems (2019)

Directors: Benny Safdie, Josh Safdie
    Writers: Ronald Bronstein, Benny Safdie, Josh Safdie
    Stars: Adam Sandler, Julia Fox, Kevin Garnett

"A charismatic New York City jeweler always on the lookout for the next big score, makes a series of high-stakes bets that could lead to the windfall of a lifetime"

Adam Sandler plays the 'charismatic New York City jeweler'
    I do not generally enjoy Adam Sandler flics .. IMO, he can't act the serious roles
    But in this , I gotta say he was better then most I have seen him in. I can even say that he did good and was an enjoyable difference.
    But this is not like them other 'Adam Sandler' movies. This is not an Adam Sandler movie, this is a Safdie Brothers movie.
    (I read that comment somewhere and liked it)

So anyway, I was intrigued.
    In 2017 the brothers wrote and directed a movie titled 'Good Time' which was about a heist gone bad type thing and some critics said it to be an instant classic.
    One of the brothers, Benny Safdie, even had a leading role in that movie.
    It was good but as far as 'Classic', well i don't know about that.

So anyway that is the reason mainly I wanted to watch this even thou Sandler was in it
    And the brothers did not disappoint.
    Their style is showing and it is good. They love the tension in a movie, so it seems, and Uncut Gems is full of that.
    Their character developments are great. Their music scores are also outstanding.

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-30-2019 at 05:23 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa