TV Addicted

T3 is failing. will not update

I set up my T3 about a week ago. Everything in the initial setup went well. I used it for a couple of days and everything worked good. I went to the market to get Kodi. The version that was in the market was 18.2 and also two older versions. When I downloaded 18.2 version it actually was 18.0 and also the other two older versions downloaded along with it. I could not uninstall the older versions without uninstalling all three. I went to the Kodi website to get the latest version 18.5. Since there was a option to download to Google play, I did just that. Google play was acting strange so I went back to the market to reinstall the 18.0 version until I could get help here to get the newer version. When the market opened there was nothing there but the "My apps" line that was at the bottom. I also had already lost the "mytvonline2" app and the "software update" app. First I did a iptv reset. Nothing changed. Then I decided to do a factory reset. When it got to the software version (2.0.9) screen, there is an error message under the download bar that read:"update info error" "IPTV info error(network)(-1)". Down below in that panel it reads: Current firmware version:v1.4.46, Current IPTV version: Not installed.
    It seems that it is not connecting to the server. I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
    hapy

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    I set up my T3 about a week ago. Everything in the initial setup went well. I used it for a couple of days and everything worked good. I went to the market to get Kodi. The version that was in the market was 18.2 and also two older versions. When I downloaded 18.2 version it actually was 18.0 and also the other two older versions downloaded along with it. I could not uninstall the older versions without uninstalling all three. I went to the Kodi website to get the latest version 18.5. Since there was a option to download to Google play, I did just that. Google play was acting strange so I went back to the market to reinstall the 18.0 version until I could get help here to get the newer version. When the market opened there was nothing there but the "My apps" line that was at the bottom. I also had already lost the "mytvonline2" app and the "software update" app. First I did a iptv reset. Nothing changed. Then I decided to do a factory reset. When it got to the software version (2.0.9) screen, there is an error message under the download bar that read:"update info error" "IPTV info error(network)(-1)". Down below in that panel it reads: Current firmware version:v1.4.46, Current IPTV version: Not installed.
    It seems that it is not connecting to the server. I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
    hapy
    check the internet connection.
    Make sure it is still connected.
    try opening ytube
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    I just changed over to my Z7+ after doing an iptv reset. The same thing happens as with the T3. Everything works that is installed. My tv online, you tube,etc. However, when I go into the market nothing comes up. It says "connection failed". I went into Z7 settings and to "update" and got the same failure as with the T3.

did you get this working ?

Seems as thou the T3 needs an update.
    It has no IPTV app installed, which was erased when you reset.

The Update app should be at version 2.0.10.while I see your's at 2.0.9
    This is not a concern, but this update version should take place first. If it s not then seems like a connection issue.

Recheck your connections.
    Is it hardwired or wifi ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Sorry crazed8.4,
    I slept in a little. Getting through a head cold. I did replug my connections from my provider and the router. I powered up the z7 which was connected from last night. I went to the Market and it populated. Everything was back to normal. I changed the Mac addy to the T3 in the Rocket checker online and did an IPTV reset. Powered up the T3 and the software updated. Everything was back in the market. So it looks like I'm good to go.
    I still want to get a newer version of Kodi on the T3, and I'm not sure how to do it. The Market is 18.0. Should I start a new thread?
    Thanks for your help. You are a great asset for this forum.
    hapy

good to hear

And yes it may be good idea to start new thread concerning the kodi thing.
    With the correct thread title for that issue, it may bring better results
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Which section would you suggest; here or in Kodi?

Probably here in T3 section would be best.
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Have a happy holiday.

hapy