Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bumper View Post
    I have been a member for a while and have just changed ISP seems they block the server.
    Playlists can be downloaded but playing them dosnt work, if I put on VPN works so I guess
    they are blocking me...

I believe I cannot use a VPN as I will be banned so is there an option for me otherwise I will
    have to say goodbye...its been a pleasure..??

Bumper
    Inquire to your ISP regarding blocking access to certain IP's.
    Ask them if this is disclosed, and/or why not.
    Then change to a good Provider.
    *Use an ISP that does not own or sell TV content!

how does the vpn by itself help hide the activity from the isp? isnt a proxy what is needed for that? thanks im trying to learn and not being critical.

@roadrunneric , The primary difference between a VPN and a proxy is that a proxy doesn't encrypt your traffic, it just hides it. A VPN actually encrypts your IP address and your internet usage.
    knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bumper View Post
    well since Ive mentioned this my connection via VPN is hit and miss, sometimes works but most of the time it now doesn't...

Seems I will have to move on too many inconsistencies for me ! sorry
    Geez you all make it hard. My head hurts. NordVPN is pretty good. I was constantly freezing and would not connect all day today. It appears Comcrap network is the root cause per DragonKiller. I installed the Nord APK file for android on the T3 dreamlink. It was easy as pie, just going on chrome web browser on the box and searching and installing the APK file from the website. I suggest turning on IPV6 from the android settings, and in the VPN app on the box, enable autoconnect to USA/UK servers along with CyberSec (Don't know why it gets turned off after you leave the menu, but its working is all it counts).

A similar issue happened with Comcrap 10 years ago with SBHackers modified the modems and copying the modems and spoofing fake MAC's to get free internet. Spent many years doing "research" Comcrap caught on and began doing Node filtering of the MAC's and disabling the fake modems. So these Portals are either being filtered on the Node side (couple city blocks around your neighborhood and they are trying to narrow you down) or they are banning your IP from using these portals when it goes through their main network (not node). This might be accurate or completely off. I have only some limited knowledge of the comcrap internal networks.

so to just turn on the vpn in my router settings will accomplish keeping me safe from a letter in the mail that i am trying to avoid? thanks nob0dy

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunneric View Post
    so to just turn on the vpn in my router settings will accomplish keeping me safe from a letter in the mail that i am trying to avoid? thanks nob0dy
    Your internet traffic is not what them guys in the IceCream suits would use to extort you with.
    They use the old and faithful procedure, which is .. 'Follow the Money'
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

not sure if i would agree with that, in this case. someone in my circle received a letter from dave saying that dave was taking them to court for cash. if they follow the money they followed it the wrong direction.

@roadrunneric , i never said it would keep you SAFE , safer yes , that & using bitcoin for future transactions ..

crazed is 100% , it all really boils down to " if " a paper trail exists when you purchased . that's why everyone is pushing for bitcoin , it's safer than a reseller or using your credit card .

the use of the VPN is to bypass comcast , and if/when others join in also . if you do go with a VPN , research one that doesn't log or say they don't hold logs . that's what i would research

read/learn here ~> http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...mcast&p=266346
    knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234