Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

The Irishman (2019)

Director: Martin Scorsese
    Writers: Steven Zaillian (screenplay), Charles Brandt (book)
    Stars: Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Harvey Keitel, Ray Romano

'A mob hitman recalls his possible involvement with the slaying of Jimmy Hoffa'

Al Pacino plays the role of Jimmy Hoffa.
    Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci and Harvey Keitel play the roles of Mobsters.
    Ray Romano plays the role of a Mob lawyer.

Robert De Niro plays the part of Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran.
    The former labor union high official and hitman, looks back on his life and the hits that defined his mob career, maintaining connections with the Bufalino crime family. In particular, the part he claims to have played in the disappearance of his life-long friend, Jimmy Hoffa, the former president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, who mysteriously vanished in late July 1975 at the age of 62.

In 2003, while on his deathbed, Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran revealed that he killed Jimmy Hoffa, stating that it was really hard on him, because Hoffa was his good friend, but "it was business". This has yet to be confirmed as a fact by the authorities.

While De Niro, Keitel and Pecsi have worked with Martin Scorsese multiple times before, but this film marks the first partnership between Al Pacino and Martin Scorsese.

After multiple refusals, Joe Pesci finally agreed to come out of retirement to play the role of Russell Bufalino.

At three hours and thirty minutes, this is the longest film Martin Scorsese has directed, and the longest mainstream film released in over twenty years.

The book by Charles Brandt in which the film was based on, is titled "I Heard You Paint Houses".

"I heard you paint houses" were the first words Jimmy Hoffa ever spoke to Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran.
    On The Tonight Show, Robert De Niro remarked that the term, along with "I also do my own carpentry work," refer to both the hit and the clean-up.

Frank Sheeran: [narrating] "When I was young, I thought 'house painters' painted houses... What did I know?"

The movie is played out with an included narrative from De Niro's character, Frank Sheeran.
    He tells the history of his experiences with his work in the Mob and more towards his involvement with Jimmy Hoffa.
    It is one of those movies that cut back and forth between younger years and present day.
    It is not a bad movie and I think if produced 15 or 20 years ago it may have become one of them Mobster movie classics, but it may be too late in the day for that
    I had read that somewhere and happen to agree.
    It does give us a look at possibly how Jimmy Hoffa meet his demise thou.

"The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Dang, All of Them Together, Should bee a Good'n...!

Thanks for Posting crazed 8.4...!

Its a awesome movie
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Fire From Within

I liked this movie a lot, but not Scorsese's best (Goodfellas). I loved Pesci and Pacino, but DeNiro seemed a little wooden in some spots, where he actually had to move when he was "de-aged". It is very long, so you may need to pause it, but it didn't have any wasted scenes. The first half hour was a bit slow, but the last hour was great.

I wish there was a line that you could quote , other than "I heard you paint houses" line. There were lots of scenes where gangsters were being gangsters, if you know what I mean.