Register
    Junoir Member

IPTV Private Server Outside the USA...

Hi Everybody - I travel frequently outside the USA, and sometimes for long stays of 4-6 weeks. I would like to know if my donation would function from anywhere in the world as long as I get a decent Internet connection. I am thinking of taking my Mag254 box with me and just connect it to a TV set. Is that possible?

pretty sure the answer is yes....................have friends in Israel and they have no problem...also I know people in Latin America and they have no problem except when power blackouts happen ...i think one of the few places it wont work is in North Korea ...not sure about mainland China

Yes it will work but you will need to change the country in your donation when you log in. You will see at the bottom of the page, it says Country Lock.

Junoir Member
    Thank you for the replies. Good to know that it would work. The part about locking the country really intrigues me, though. Does anybody know why that is, or what that really means? Does it mean that I will not have access to the regular list of channels that I access here in the US, but only to those available in the particular country? I seriously hope that this is not the case, as it would totally defeat the purpose of portability, would it not?

In any case, I will find out very soon, as I have a trip overseas planned within a couple of weeks. Thanks again.

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    you will get same line up you get now

get active
    I'm getting very confused as I was led to believe that a donation was locked to the country at the time of activation and it could not be changed ? Now, I see you simply have to go into your settings and change the country ? If this isn't bad enough, I also read that the internet provider now has to be locked down in order to connect ? Is this changeable as well or what is required in order to connect to the server ? Sorry for the fuss but I've been spending a few hours trying to get some things changed due to not being able to connect to a server. Looks as though I will have to either get it sorted out or hope somebody can provide the answers to some of these changes.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by rorrin View Post
    Thank you for the replies. Good to know that it would work. The part about locking the country really intrigues me, though. Does anybody know why that is, or what that really means? Does it mean that I will not have access to the regular list of channels that I access here in the US, but only to those available in the particular country? I seriously hope that this is not the case, as it would totally defeat the purpose of portability, would it not?

In any case, I will find out very soon, as I have a trip overseas planned within a couple of weeks. Thanks again.
    Please try and get back to post your results as some countries restrict some connections to some foreign servers.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    it is not mandatory to set your Country Lock, and if you use the same receiver with the same MAC at other locations then it just might work, even without resetting the Country ... but if you ever need a reset done thru the service website, then the Country Lock must be set first or the reset will not work.
    And some other functions will not be effective without that Country lock set.
    For example, if you change boxes, which means a different MAC needs to be set or if the server URL has been changed or even the password, would need an IPTV Reset to follow all those functions, so without that Country Lock set you can not (successfully) do these functions at the website.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

If you order a new account, you have the option of setting a Country when you order, but it is not a manditory req.
    When you 1st connect to the Service, your IP location will indicate your Country and this will get set in the Server, automatically.
    If required, you can login to your account info page and reset the Country lock to"All Countries". (but will get set again, on next login to the Service).
    ISP lock can be left disabled. It is only there to use for your security(somebody spoofs your mac# etc.).

As for certain Countries, you should know what type of freedoms are allowed or denied, before you go!!!