Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HDMI CEC and disable automatic language change that should fix it maybe do reboot after changing setting
    this is fine box and i know it will get fixed and nbs will help you anyway he can
    Last edited by Marley; 12-19-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Woo-hoo!!!!!

SUCCESS!!!!!!! Sequence had everything to with getting the change to be saved. I was changing the language and then hitting the "back" button (to the right of the "home" key"). This would keep the change, but only until I turned off the box with the red on/off button. Instead, when I made the language change and immediately hit the red on/off button, it came up in English the next time I powered up the box. No more Chinese!

Thanks to all of you guys who hung in there with me. I never believed the EZ Media box is a bad one. I always thought it was a good replacement for the Avov.

Now I just need to figure out why I can't get signed into my YouTube account using the Kodi YouTube addon. I keep getting a error message on my PC when I enter the second series of codes which appear on the Kodi app. Not giving up yet. Works OK on my second Avov box.

see if ytup has update you may need add it on stick then to box look at version and look at what kodi you have too maybe update that too that ez to do and dont need change everything if you update kodi right me i updated all my boxes but thats me but only on newer ones
    Last edited by Marley; 12-23-2019 at 04:30 PM.

get active
    I would like to suggest this might have something to do with the software Keyboard as it can be set to various languages including Chinese and a single keystroke can change the charactors on the keyboard which may relate to the problem you're having.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123