Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Has Anyone Encountered This Issue?

I've run into a nuisance issue with my new EZ Media Player. Everytime I power off the box using the remote, the language reverts to Chinese next time I power up the box. I then go back into "setting" on the main menu screen, then "language" and then check the English button. I can then click the "Live" button on the remote and the EPG comes up in English. It's not a showstopper by any means, just a nuisance. Maybe I've missed a way to save the change. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Have not seen this happen.

I went to Settings and set it to China's and then used the 'back' button and it saved as China's
    Powered off with remote and back on and it still was China.
    Then changed to English and used 'back' button and it saved as English. Powered off and back on and still seen in English.

You may need a Factory Default if problem persists.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thanks for the prompt response, Crazed. I'll play around with it and try the factory reset. Like I said, it's a nuisance. I really like the box overall.

yea that never happens to me but maybe a reset will do the trick

Unsure why, but after at least four "Factory Default" resets I continue having the problem. I now also have a Kodi YouTube addon problem which I will document in the appropriate Kodi addons space.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Which Default option did you use?
    And what is the current firmware/software version installed ?

Contact your seller to see what he says.
    Maybe an exchange is the answer.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

On the main screen (Live TV, VOD,TV Series,Apps,and Setting), I clicked on Setting. It brings up the Advanced Setup,Display,Update,Factory Default,etc. page. I click on Factory Default. The Factory Default page has four choices and I choose Reset All.

The current System Info: Launcher Version is 1.0.17211_07092019 Software Version is V1.0.323

If I click on Update on the Setting screen, then on Network Update, it says the software is up-to-date. The App Version is 1.015902[11222018]

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon05 View Post
    On the main screen (Live TV, VOD,TV Series,Apps,and Setting), I clicked on Setting. It brings up the Advanced Setup,Display,Update,Factory Default,etc. page. I click on Factory Default. The Factory Default page has four choices and I choose Reset All.

The current System Info: Launcher Version is 1.0.17211_07092019 Software Version is V1.0.323

If I click on Update on the Setting screen, then on Network Update, it says the software is up-to-date. The App Version is 1.015902[11222018]
    that is not the latest update
    when in live tv hit the menu button settings ,check update
    current software is 1 0 41 12022019
    Last edited by NBS; 12-13-2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling

I have sent a support message to the Canadian retailer from whom I purchased the EZ Media box. I'll let you know what I hear from them.

Warrior
    i can tell you how to fix it when i get home in 30
    Last edited by NBS; 12-13-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast