Initial Thoughts After A Few Days Of Use

I received my new EZ box this week and must agree with others that it's a good choice. I am transitioning from an Avov 4 that was on its last legs due to overheating. It gave me good service for multiple years so I'm not going to knock it.

Prior to purchasing the EZ, I read all the postings here. I felt as comfortable as one can be making an informed decision. Thanks to Crazed, I felt very prepared with setting up the box when it arrived. Following his instructions, I had the device up and running (fully updated) in about 15 to 20 minutes. It was very easy to get my Rocket info loaded and up came the EPG big as you please. I do like the way channels are divided by categories, like sports, entertainment, information (news), movies, etc.

Having used IPTV Xtra under Kodi in my Avov box, it is much easier to go directly to Live TV from the main menu, without running Kodi. My wife likes that also, since she's not a techie. The channel changes, for the most part, are much faster. The picture is as good if not slightly better than the Avov. Kodi is preloaded on the EZ, so I only had to load a couple of addons and I had all the functionality of the Avov with quite a bit more free memory left.

The remote does the job and is fairly intuitive. There are function buttons for live tv and VOD that eliminates the need to go back to a menu. It has a recall button that the Avov remote did not have, so that's great when bouncing between two different sporting events (eg. March Madness).

If there's a negative, it's the lack of basic documentation. Other than that, it's "so far, so good."

glad to hear that you like your new toy. enjoy bud
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Pinball Wizard
    Nice review, i have seen a few youtube videos and it is a nice device