3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Exclamation Spam Phone Calls...

Hey All, Look before You Answer that Ringing Phone...! Got a call this am from...(888) 309-5990...! Did Not Answer as I was Leary, usually there would bee a Msg Next...! Not this time...! I waited a few minutes and decided to give a call back, just being Curious...! One Ringy Dingy, Two Ringy Dingy... "Hello, this is the Social Security Administration, how can I help You" ?... I said back to the person, "You called me a few minutes ago, how can I Help You...?!?" ... Click, they hung up...!

Did a check on Bing :
    888-309-5990 : Social security robocalls are a frightening type of scam. You receive a robocall, and suddenly, an angry person on the other end is threatening you. It's the Social Security Administration, and they need you to provide some personal information because their computers are down. Or -- you were overpaid and you need to pay it back immediately. Or -- your check isn't coming until you give some information to the caller. These are all scams! These scams have successfully extracted millions of dollars from Americans. Social security scams are especially dangerous to seniors and people on disability. Many of these folks are entirely dependent on their SSA income, so it causes great panic to hear they won't get their check as expected. This panic unfortunately leads to making payments or providing information to scammers. Remember -- the SSA doesn't call people to request money -- end of story. Any call you receive from the SSA requesting money or personal information is guaranteed to be a scam. The SSA, like most US government agencies, prefers to communicate by written mail. ...!

Check those Numbers before Answering that Phone that is Stuck in Your Ear or is attached to Your Hand and You can't put it down...! Stay Safe out there, the Life You Save, Just May bee Your OWN...!!!

Needless to say that I have Blocked Number and will soon bee Reporting it...!

One can Report the SSA Spam Phone Call and Number here :
    Code:
    https://oig.ssa.gov/scams-involving-impersonation-ssa-employee

Fire From Within

I rarely pick up calls from toll-free numbers. Sometimes they are legitimate... reminders from a doctor's HMO for example, but they will leave a message if legitimate and important.

If they done leave a message, it must not have been very important.
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM