Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Anyone else having TV show scraper issues?

Just in the last couple of days, I’m having no luck with getting any results for Tv shows. Movie searches are OK. Is it me, or a common problem like a scraper update problem?

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Always have a Back-up or 2 Source(s)...! There are Plenty out there...! There are also a couple of posts floating around here about Sources Closing Down...!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Always have a Back-up or 2 Source(s)...! There are Plenty out there...! There are also a couple of posts floating around here about Sources Closing Down...!
    *Good Advice!

4me2c, yes that’s very true. I may have not been clear enough. The scraper used by the addons I have been using for a long time no longer attempts to bring up sources for tv shows, but works normally for movies. That’s why I thought it may be scraper related, not source related.

Been having the same issue. Started last night. Can't play TV shows on 2 addons, but the other 2 addonsm I have play OK
    Also, in many of the show listings, I see data like ' >CDATA.....' . Some sort of error. The TVDB seems to be OK'
    Hope it works itself out

c/p from koditips

Are you trying to use Kodi to look up a TV show but are seeing links load with a message about [CDATA[SHOW NAME]]? Come read about this error, what is means, and what you can do to fix it!

Since the night of November 14th, 2019, Kodi users have been surprised to see TV show names replaced by a [CDATA[SHOW NAME]] message instead.

This issue is caused by TVDb returning errors when a Kodi addon tries to access its API. This issue is happening on all Kodi addons because they all connect to TVDb.

On the TVDb forums, the developers have this explanation:

Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed we have cutover to our new site, so welcome, welcome, we are glad you are here! API traffic for both v1 and v2 has also migrated over to our new infrastructure. At the moment the dev team is working through some issues that have come to our attention, so please be patient with us.

We are aware that some Kodi users are having a hard time scraping shows with long episode orders. We are on the case and hope to have a fix soon.

We are looking into the Genre null field as well.

If you entered any show info into the old site in the last 24 hours, it is possible you will need to enter it in again.

If you are having any API issues, please look to the Dev forums for some common threads. And for bug reports related to the new site, please post them in the November v3 Update section and we will try to get to them as soon as possible.

–TheTVDB Team “

So, there is nothing that Kodi users can do to fix the issue at this time. Once TVDb is completed maintenance, the [CDATA[SHOW NAME]] error should fix itself automatically.

Found that I was able to fix 2 out of my 4 addons of going
    into SETTINGS and adding(or changing) a new TVDB API Key

After you do this setting, clear cache on the addon..
    Last edited by 1sikguy; 11-18-2019 at 04:15 AM.

It appears the TVDB issue has returned. I watched multiple TV series using Exodus Redux last night. But tonight no TV shows will work. Movies are fine.

tester
    Tv show are working fine on resistance addon

Thanks, greg. I'll load that addon and give it a try today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast