Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junoir Member
    vonet.jpgVonets VAP11G - works great and have two options -USB an Ethernet (ebay- free shipping)
    After testing over 2 months, for now ,this is the best wireless connection with my Mag254..
    Last edited by klama; 04-09-2015 at 05:08 PM.

I have a niceEshop 150 Mbps sub wifi adapter and it works great on a laptop. My question is how do you connect it to a mag 254. Others have said it works good on the mag but when I go to settings then wifi it says ( wifi not connected ) Any help would be appricated

I received the Mag254 yesterday. It came with a WiFi adapter. It sees my dd-wrt but not dd-wrt50 which is what I have set up. I've not been successful at connecting via Wifi but works fine hard wired.
    Also, the Wifi adapter becomes burning hot very quickly when inserted in either the front and rear usb port. Does anyone else have these problems? I'm wondering whether I got a defective box or defective adapter.
    Thank you for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by vashira View Post
    I received the Mag254 yesterday. It came with a WiFi adapter. It sees my dd-wrt but not dd-wrt50 which is what I have set up. I've not been successful at connecting via Wifi but works fine hard wired.
    Also, the Wifi adapter becomes burning hot very quickly when inserted in either the front and rear usb port. Does anyone else have these problems? I'm wondering whether I got a defective box or defective adapter.
    Thank you for any advice.
    Hi all. I contacted the mag box seller and this is the reply I received. Hope it helps others with the same issues.

"The heating issue that you mentioned with the wifi adapter is quite normal with mag 250 and mag 254. As far as its showing available wifi connections under wireless settings the box and wifi adapter are working normally.

The wifi however may not support all security settings of wifi bands. Make sure your router is broadcasting a 2ghz signal and not 5ghz. Also what kind of encryption you are using to lock your Wifi? WPA, WEP, AES etc? I find that WPA works best. Sometimes the other encryptions do not show."

I too just purchased the dlink dwa 160. When I plug it into the usb port on the Mag 254 it doesn't recognize it. Any help from folcan99 or anyone else would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Which usb adapter is the most efficient to work with mag 254? I travel a lot and would like to link up to wifi.

hey thanks piya i took your advice and got this brand also of the cost works great...

what model number dj on the tenda mini

you might want to check out the source for guaranteed compatible products....

/
    Code:
    www.infomir.eu/eng/products/accessories/
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Junoir Member
    Tenda model: w311MI , 150Mbps Wireless N Pico USB Adapter on Amazon. Work good so far even when traveling ( I have my own Verizon VPN).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast