Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does not record

TV Addicted

Does not record

I have never had a problem recording on the Z7. The last few times I tried to record, I get the message "can't record this stream". I reformatted a usb to fat32 and still the same message.
    I don't know what else to try. Did something change in the settings perhaps or, with the service?
    Thanks

hapy

are you trying live channels or on demand? did you try same stream on any different box? did you try to reset you box? did you try latest update?
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    Ryu,
    Live channels, no on demand. I don't have another box that records. When you say reset, if that means reboot, yes, more then once. I have not done a software or a factory reset. What is the latest update? Ill try the update first. I see there is a software update (2.0.6). I'll report back after trying your suggestions.
    Thanks for your help,
    hapy

I mean factory reset. go to update and type 0227 on keyboard and press red button and see if theres new software is available. remember thats beta and you want to to proceed on you own risk. yes let us know plz. thanks
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    After thinking about it, I think a factory reset would be my best bet. I won't be able to do it until later or tomorrow morning. I'll let you know.
    hapy

yup no problem bud

TV Addicted
    I did the factory reset and updated the software. No luck. I still get the same message "can't record this stream". The playlist on the usb has recordings on it from before the problem started. They playback fine. I have tried other formatted usb.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    I did the factory reset and updated the software. No luck. I still get the same message "can't record this stream". The playlist on the usb has recordings on it from before the problem started. They playback fine. I have tried other formatted usb.
    how many channels have you tried?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    how many channels have you tried?
    I've tried numerous channels. The only channel I tried that did record was 207 which, I believe, is an open channel. This makes me think that the problem is with the service, since the Z7+ is recording on that usb. I don't know where to go from here.
    I have not seen, on the forum, anybody else with this problem.
    hapy

Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    I've tried numerous channels. The only channel I tried that did record was 207 which, I believe, is an open channel. This makes me think that the problem is with the service, since the Z7+ is recording on that usb. I don't know where to go from here.
    I have not seen, on the forum, anybody else with this problem.
    hapy
    I just tried and first it says can not record stream. then I changed the channel and tried to record and worked. then I tried previous channel again in it worked. I tried couple channels all recorded. I went to usb and they all played nice. so something is definitely with your device or need to play around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast