Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

trouble connecting to internet

My STB keeps saying my connection is banned or expired. I checked my Rocket, and it says it has 0 bans of 3, basically stating its not banned. My donation states it is good until March of 2020. I'm confused. I paid my bill. I even upgraded to the 2 year subscription when I made my last donation. I've been a Rocket customer for quite a few years now, with no problems of any kind. I swear by Rocket, and tell everybody how well it works. Now mine doesn't work. Usually CRAZED is good at helping with these matters and getting to the bottom of them. I don't know how to direct message a person, or I would have done so to CRAZED, based on my experience with his expertise in these matters. I also wanted to post this in the open forum so everybody can benefit from my problem and its resolution.
    Please Help
    Thank you

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Ensure the server url which shows attached to your code is the same url that has been entered in the receiver's server setup.
    Ensure Country Lock is correct.
    Perform an IPTV Reset.

You can send me a message , by replying to the message I just sent you
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    Ensure the server url which shows attached to your code is the same url that has been entered in the receiver's server setup.
    Perform an IPTV Reset.

Perform an IPTV Reset.

Crazed, I knew you would be helpful. ok. Here's what I've done. I've confirmed all of the numbers and information on my STB match to what is printed on the Rocket Checker page. I did the IPTV Reset. I've seen some info in other sections of this forum that mention something about changing the MAC address and retrying. However, I'm not comfortable doing this without step buy step instructions on how to change it and reset and change it back. I do print out most things I do on the computer, so I can go back and read what I saw again. I have my most recent print out of the IPTV RESET & ROCKET CHECKER web page. It's from this morning. I'm at work right now, so I can't compare it to my original page from when I renewed my donation almost 16 months ago, as that print out is at home. I feel pretty confident in saying it all appears to be the same, and also matches what is on my STB from last night's attempt. Right now, my STB and the Checker Page both show my URL as p1.iptvrocket.tv and it has some fine print on the web page saying if it doesn't work to try the full version of http://p1.iptvrocket.tv/c/index.html. I have not tried changing the STB to the full version yet, as I always try to ask questions before tampering with things I don't totally understand. That's why we have forums for people like me.

On another note...I noticed in the IPTV RESET & ROCKET CHECKER page, when I open the donation details page, it shows a bogus address for the forums. It shows iptvtalk.org instead of .net. Not related to what we're trying to do here, but I felt you should know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by satwatcher View Post
    Crazed, I knew you would be helpful. ok. Here's what I've done. I've confirmed all of the numbers and information on my STB match to what is printed on the Rocket Checker page. I did the IPTV Reset. I've seen some info in other sections of this forum that mention something about changing the MAC address and retrying. However, I'm not comfortable doing this without step buy step instructions on how to change it and reset and change it back. I do print out most things I do on the computer, so I can go back and read what I saw again. I have my most recent print out of the IPTV RESET & ROCKET CHECKER web page. It's from this morning. I'm at work right now, so I can't compare it to my original page from when I renewed my donation almost 16 months ago, as that print out is at home. I feel pretty confident in saying it all appears to be the same, and also matches what is on my STB from last night's attempt. Right now, my STB and the Checker Page both show my URL as p1.iptvrocket.tv and it has some fine print on the web page saying if it doesn't work to try the full version of http://p1.iptvrocket.tv/c/index.html. I have not tried changing the STB to the full version yet, as I always try to ask questions before tampering with things I don't totally understand. That's why we have forums for people like me.

On another note...I noticed in the IPTV RESET & ROCKET CHECKER page, when I open the donation details page, it shows a bogus address for the forums. It shows iptvtalk.org instead of .net. Not related to what we're trying to do here, but I felt you should know about it.
    Yea, I know about that iptvtalk url that is incorrect. I notified administrator about it some time ago.

You can not change your MAC ID with the Dreamlink models.
    Only the BuzzTV box is capable in doing that.
    So that card is off the table.

If you send me your email , I can do the reset from the admin panel which seems to work better in my experiences.
    Maybe once you get home later today, we can try that.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I sent my email address in the private message you sent to me. I'm letting yo know here, because I'm having allot of trouble with the forum page. Every time I try to post a thread, or replay to an existing thread, it says I'm not logged. I log in, and rewrite the entire thing, and it says I'm not logged in when I try to send it. If you would like, I will work with direct email, but that is totally up to you. You'll see where my email has been connected to a Rocket for about 5 years now, or so. Maybe even longer???

Quote Originally Posted by satwatcher View Post
    I sent my email address in the private message you sent to me. I'm letting yo know here, because I'm having allot of trouble with the forum page. Every time I try to post a thread, or replay to an existing thread, it says I'm not logged. I log in, and rewrite the entire thing, and it says I'm not logged in when I try to send it. If you would like, I will work with direct email, but that is totally up to you. You'll see where my email has been connected to a Rocket for about 5 years now, or so. Maybe even longer???
    okay, I found your code and things look okay at first glance.
    I performed a Reset thru the administration panel.

Let me know how that worked out when you can.
    - Frank Zappa

not sure why you are having issues with the forum, but when you type out your new post, before you post it, Copy it and then that way if you get booted again all you have to do is Paste that Copied post and try posting it again.
    - Frank Zappa

okay, I found your code and things look okay at first glance.
    I performed a Reset thru the administration panel.

Let me know how that worked out when you can.
    Crazed - I was able to go home at lunch break - - it didn't work quite all the way - When I turned it on, it went through its usual boot up, I had the screen that says "Preparing to Start" with the circle of progress - then it went to the "Connecting to Rocket" screen and showed the Progress Bar (I nick named it Rocket when I first set it up)- it slowly turned red like it's supposed to, which is more than I got last night. When it finished connecting, it went to the last channel I watched the last time the STB worked. Embarrassingly enough, it was AdultXXX. It worked once I entered my password. When I tried to change the channel I just went up one to test. That was the Dusk channel. It would not work. I tried to go to one of the HBO channels. It didn't work. I checked my Portal, and all of the information is correctly entered. I went to Menu - to System - to Ethernet - and it said DHCP was in Automatic. I clicked on Automatic and it tried to connect, but said No Connection. I then went back to System - to Android - under Ethernet it said DHCP is connected. I went back to System - to Ethernet and it still says Not Connected, and I still have only a hand full of working channels. I have to assume the channels I have working are some type of general channel, and the ones that no longer work are some type of premium channel that requires connection. Is it possible I have something going bad with the D-Lite? Maybe a mechanical problem that may require replacement? Is it possible its a software issue that we still haven't figured out yet. How can it be connected in one Menu item, but not connected in another Menu item?

can you try connecting thru WiFi ??
    Maybe that will get things happening
    - Frank Zappa

I'll try when I get home from work this evening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast