Junoir Member

Dreamlink T3 YouTube 8k problem

I am trying to play 8k with the youtube app inside dreamlink t3 and the picture freeze after 15-20 seconds, the sound still going. Reinstalling the application doesn't help, I think its a software problem. May be the developer ca help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bimche View Post
    I am trying to play 8k with the youtube app inside dreamlink t3 and the picture freeze after 15-20 seconds, the sound still going. Reinstalling the application doesn't help, I think its a software problem. May be the developer ca help. Thanks
    To play an 8K video on a 4K platform, you better have a really good STB (ie: 4Gig ram/ GPU w/up-to-date Codecs/ etc.)
    8k data gets transcoded down to 4k, then out to TV, which also has to be full 4k, or will require even lower transcoding (more gpu work).

*You could make sure your graphics processor has the newest codecs for the chipset.

Junoir Member
    Yes its down to 4k but thats not reason for the picture to freeze, the box itself have enough power to handle 4k and 8k probably. Anyway developer have to test it and fix it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bimche View Post
    Yes its down to 4k but thats not reason for the picture to freeze, the box itself have enough power to handle 4k and 8k probably. Anyway developer have to test it and fix it
    if it could handle 8k it would be listed in specs

Warrior
    How much did the 8k tv cost you?

Junoir Member
    I don’t have 8k tv, I have 4k. I am not sure if YouTube have real 8k content but I started the treat because I try to play 8k listed content on the box and the picture freezes in some point of the playing. YouTube its show me 4k highest option for playing as resolution even if the content says 8k but that because my tv is 4k probably.

ill wait for 16k lol