Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Entering Playlist Data / & Guide Links

Its easy to copy a edited or unedited m3u to a usb drive and see it on the T3 under a folder named m3u.

I am so tired of entering Guide URL's by using the keyboard on the supplied remote.

Can anyone give directions on how to get these Guide URL Links onto a usb jump drive so we can find it the same way as we do the m3u?

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    Its easy to copy a edited or unedited m3u to a usb drive and see it on the T3 under a folder named m3u.

I am so tired of entering Guide URL's by using the keyboard on the supplied remote.

Can anyone give directions on how to get these Guide URL Links onto a usb jump drive so we can find it the same way as we do the m3u?
    Why Oh why are you using the DL program to watch an m3u?
    Go to Playstore and Install Perfect Player.
    Copy the m3u to the Downloads directory,
    You can enter multiple guide sources as well as multiple m3u files.

If you really want to do it your way, enter the guide url into a text file and save to your STB.
    with the DOL program open, click the Home button on remote.
    go to the file with the epg url and open it (editing mode).
    click and hold on the url text until it highlights and the copy / paste icons appear.
    clock copy, then go back to DOL and paste.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    using m3u playlists thru the Dreamlink T3 m3u portal slots is actually pretty nice, especially with the MOL2 that the Dreamlink T3 now uses.
    It also has 10 slots for m3u playlists, along with the epg URL in each slot as well.
    Can use the Playlist URL or hardcopy of Playlist on USB drive.

Dreamlink has come along way with their m3u playback options and capabilities.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Not only that, the remote control is set up to use that MOL2 program by customer EPG key, programable keys.
    Perfect Player is way below MOL2 in my opinion.
    Thanks Shooty for the copy Paste help.

Negative on the Copy Paste Feature

Once you save the guide url to a text file and open MOL2 Dreamlink program, whatever you have copied in memory or clipboard reference is lost.

If you go to the guide url data entry line there is a folder link there to open but the link to that folder image is what is located under the m3u folder on the usb drive and your text file can not be seen. If you rename the text file extension as a xml saved file, the contents of the file are only a saved url txt and the guide will not work.

Since Dreamlink put a folder at the end of the guide url entry line, there has to be a way to link a guide url there during this daa entry process.
    Need someone who has experience with doing this on the T3.

Anybody please respond, thank you

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    Negative on the Copy Paste Feature

Once you save the guide url to a text file and open MOL2 Dreamlink program, whatever you have copied in memory or clipboard reference is lost.

If you go to the guide url data entry line there is a folder link there to open but the link to that folder image is what is located under the m3u folder on the usb drive and your text file can not be seen. If you rename the text file extension as a xml saved file, the contents of the file are only a saved url txt and the guide will not work.

Since Dreamlink put a folder at the end of the guide url entry line, there has to be a way to link a guide url there during this daa entry process.
    Need someone who has experience with doing this on the T3.

Anybody please respond, thank you
    Check this link.
    Has setup Videos for many configurations.
    Code:
    https://dreamlinkstore.com/pages/instructions-guide
    *Update;
    Video shows exactly like you said, except for the EPG URL.
    If you click the Folder, it will open the USB directory.
    You have to click the Edit line instead, and enter EPG URL.

Them videos are for the T2 or T1Plus with the DOL2 or the Formuler Z series boxes with the MOL1
    The Dreamlink T3 and the Formuler Z8 both now have the MOL2, which is somewhat different.
    The video shown below will show the MOL2 Playlist menus.

T3 Portals and Playlists
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1yLO3ah2Fg
    The setup is somewhat the same but with some differences.
    The MOL2 needs all m3u files put into a folder and the folder named as m3u , as tvlarry also knows.
    If not then the MOL2 will not recognize these files.
    That EPG URL line does have the folder icon as well but so far with my testing I do not yet see a way that will work.
    Creating a text file with EPG URL and then put that text file into the m3u folder does not work, because that folder icon is looking for a .m3u file in that Folder and not a .txt file.
    I have also tried using an .m3u file with the URL text added to that but so far I do not see how I can do that either... every time I try accessing that folder icon I get an onscreen message that keeps telling me that the m3u folder is empty.
    That folder icon is not working to grab the EPG URL from a local file.
    I would go as far as saying that the Folder icon on that EPG URL line does not belong there and is a mistake in putting it there.

I have not yet finished in testing all this, but so far the outcome looks like it is not possible to use a copy of the URL in text form.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-03-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I would go as far as saying that the Folder icon on that EPG URL line does not belong there and is a mistake in putting it there.
    I have not yet finished in testing all this, but so far the outcome looks like it is not possible to use a copy of the URL in text form.

You click on the line and type the url.
    *DO NOT click Folder!
    See pic
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/j6j6rnwppdn63e9/dlt3epgurlentry.JPG/file

Shooty, we know that, typing the EPG URL is not the issue, we want a faster way to enter the data on this line just as the playlist line folder link works. When you have many boxes to update it takes too long to type in every single epg url on all the units. The developer added a folder at the end of the EPG URL line, but as I have said and Crazed, it does not work. I guess somebody has to reach out to Dreamlink to notify them.

I will pass this along to Dreamlink team, but in meantime I did find a way to do this.
    I am just refining it before I post the directions.

This shown below will work, once I figure out how to do what Shooty says.
    Then we can use copy/paste functions in the T3/MOL2 Playlist setup.
    I have done that, it is similar to what is outlined with the click and hold on text url.... I have a mouse attached to the T3 for this.
    I also been messing around with ES File Manger and it's text editor, with the URL text showing in the editor (edit mode) but can't seem to get the copy function opened --> issue solved
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooty View Post
    enter the guide url into a text file and save to your STB.
    with the DOL program open, click the Home button on remote.
    go to the file with the epg url and open it (editing mode).
    click and hold on the url text until it highlights and the copy / paste icons appear.
    clock copy, then go back to DOL and paste.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-05-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast