Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

BuzzTV XR4000 XRS4000 - some functions explained

Learning Remote Control

a.. Press and hold "Power + OK" buttons for more then 3 seconds. The LED will be turned on, indicating the remote has entered learning mode.
    b.. Align the two remotes pointing at each other no further then 3 cm apart.
    c.. Press the "TV Power" button, the LED will change from long light to slow flashing, which means that it ins waiting to receive the learning signal from the other remote.
    d.. Press and hold the button that needs to be learned. When the XR4000 remote receives the IR code, the light will flash 3 times and then a long light to indicate it has received the IR code/signal.
    e.. Repeat steps c and d for other buttons.
    f.. Press "OK" button and the LED will turn off and IR codes will then be saved and the Learning Mode is now turned off.

copied from XR4000 User Manual
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-19-2022 at 08:32 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    Thanks my friend

BuzzTV XR4000 XRS4000 - Add or Remove Apps from Home Screen

Power on the XR4000 and we should be taken to the Launcher screen, where we see our shortcut icons.

The top Line is the IPTV shortcuts (LiveTv and etc...) and that line is always visible and will not change.
    The second line, we see our Apps shortcuts. Since this is a new box I have no apps yet showing here.
    We do have the 'App Store' and the 'All Apps' shortcuts here thou. The 'All Apps' are those apps which are already installed on the XR4000.
    The Apps Store is Aptoiide TV and where you can download apps over the internet.

Open the 'All Apps' shortcut to see what apps are installed on your XR4000
    To exit the 'All Apps' menu and get back to the main Launcher screen, press the Home button on your remote. Press it once and it should take you back. But seems that you may have to press it twice.
    Press it twice quickly will close any apps that may be open and running.
    These functions seems like they are not yet working 100% as they should, as sometimes pressing the Home button once will work and sometimes you will have to press it twice.

Back on the Launcher screen and on the second line you will see a shortcut widget with a plus and minus icon. this is how you add or remove app shortcuts to or from the Launcher screen.
    Remember to use the Home button to exit these menus and get back to the Launcher screen.

* If using the ARQ-100 remote, the Home button does not work to take us back to Launcher screen, so you must use the XR4000 original remote for this function.

Things may change over time, as this XR4000 box I am using is a test model and public models have not yet been released at time of this posting.
    We will keep posted

thnx to NBS for some tips
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-23-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

BuzzTV XR4000 XRS4000 - Install APK/App files

To install apk files from a USB storage device, we first must Allow Installation from Unknown sources (other then Play Store).

On the Home/Launcher screen scroll down to the Settings shortcut.
    Once in the Settings, scroll down to the 'Device Preferences' option and then the 'Security & Restrictions' option.
    Open the 'Unknown Sources' option and highlight and turn on the 'File Browser' app seen there.
    If you have other apps that have the capability to install apk files, then you would see them listed here too and can enable them.
    Press the Back button to go back one page.
    There we will also see a 'Verify Apps' option and that by default is turned on. It is optional thou and if you have previously verified that the apks/apps you are about to install are free of malware, then you can turn this off, but I like to leave it on for added security.
    Press the Back button to return to Launcher screen (the ARQ-100 Remote's Back button does not seem to work for this , so use the XR4000 remote Control for this).

Once back on Launcher screen, scroll up to All Apps and open it and find the File Browser and open it.
    Insert your USB stick that has the apk files to be installed now (or you could insert that stick earlier).
    You should see the USB drive appear in the list... mine shows as 'SanDisk USB drive'
    Open that and choose your apk file to install.
    Follow on-screen directions.
    Select either 'Done' or 'Open' when it has finished installing.
    I select 'Done' so I can go look on Launcher screen for my app.
    Use the Back button to return to Launcher screen.
    Open the 'All Apps' shortcut again and you should now see the app that you just installed.

With the 4000 model, you can also find the App Installer located on the Launcher Screen, which works similar to the File Browser.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-16-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

BuzzTV XR4000 XRS4000 - Uninstall Apps

On Home/Launcher screen, scroll down to Settings and open it.
    Find the 'apps' option and open that.
    Here we will see a few apps showing and these apps can not be uninstalled (BuzzTV , File Browser and Aptoide TV).
    But just below these apps we find and open the 'See All Apps' option and then scroll to find your app that you want uninstalled.
    Select it and then select Uninstall.

Remember that some apps can not be uninstalled, so if the 'Uninstall' option is not seen then it can not be uninstalled.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-21-2019 at 01:31 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

BuzzTV XR4000 XRS4000 - Favorites on Home Screen

We can add shortcuts onto the Home Launcher Screen to our favorite channels.

- Is a feature to turn the Live TV Favs + VOD Favs + TV Series Favs rows On or Off on the Home Screen.
    These rows are fully working and will boot into the Live TV channel, Movie or TV Show that is selected with the remote..
    - The rows update on the home screen depending on what Portal/Server you're connected to, even when switching Portals/Servers.

On the Launcher screen, scroll down to the 'Top 10 Channel favorites' option.
    Opening this does not open a favorites menu, but what it does do is open a pop-up menu showing 3 selections.
    -Live TV
    -VOD
    -TV Series
    Turn all 3 of these to ON in order to see these options on the Launcher screen.
    Or turn just 1 or 2 of them on... what ever you want to see on the Launcher screen is what you would turn on.
    Turning all 3 off will remove all 3 from the Home screen.
    To access the menu showing the 3 selections On/Off options, follow the path ...
    Home Launcher Screen > Buzz Utilities > Home Screen Settings

The Yellow button on the remote will add a channel to favorites (the legends for the color button are seen at the bottoms of the on-screen menus).

I started adding to the 'Top 10 Channel favorites' (TV Channels category) and did get to 10 added, but I kept going and got up to 31 added and all 31 are seen on the Launcher screen. I do not know what the limit would be as I stopped at 31, but seems the 'Top 10' title is just a title and not a limit to just 10

And there you will have a fast way to get you your favorite Channels.
    With Home Screen opened, you are one click away from your favorite channel.

* I do have to mention that this is a test box I am using and things may change once this box becomes a public release.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-20-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: revised -- Sept 19-2019
    - Frank Zappa

BuzzTV XR4000 XRS4000 - some other functions explained

We will continue adding to these functions as we go thru them and get time to post.
    Any additional descriptions that anyone wants to add, please do
    *Findings may vary, depending at what update we are working with. Currently this list of functions has been started with a 'test' box and it's original test firmware.

Front Display LED lighted Indicator
    There is one light on the front of the XR4000 and when lite up, it will show the familiar BuzzTV logo.
    The light changes color and each color indicates something.
    -Cyan light - network is not connected.
    -Blue light - network is connected.
    -Lantern light - Voice remote input / USB access / TF card access.
    -Red Light - Standby and Hibernation.
    Just for giggles, I tested the network indicators.
    With WiFi off and the Ethernet disconnected, I saw the Cyan colored light. I connected the Ethernet and did nothing else and the light changed from Cyan to Blue, indicating that it connected to my network.

LED Breathe
    The LED front display light will also be seen to 'pulse' or 'Breathe', as they at BuzzTV refer to it as
    This 'breathe' option can be turned off or on.
    Home Launcher screen > Settings > Device Preferences > LED Configuration

Start on Boot
    This will set the BuzzTV IPTV app to start when the box is booted up.
    Your LiveTV server should be connected for this.
    Open LiveTV and then press the Menu button on the RCU (Remote Control Unit).
    A side-bar menu will appear.
    Scroll down to the Configuration option and open it.
    Scroll down to the Start on Boot option and turn it on.
    *you can scroll up to get to the bottom of the list.
    Home Launcher screen also has a 'Power On Options' selection and which will do the same thing, but with more options (still in testing).

System Information
    Home Launcher screen > Settings > Device Preferences > About
    This is where we can view information on most all of the Systems info and also is where some functions can be found (these few functions are also found in other places on the device for ease of access)..
    -System Update function is here (also can be seen on Launcher screen).
    -Restart function is here (also can be found by holding the power button on RCU).
    -Version - this is the Android version designation.
    -Android Security Patch - last updated date.
    -Kernal Version - Lunix Kernal
    -Build - this shows descriptive name and is the last installed system firmware on your XR4000

BuzzTV IPTV App Firmware Version
    Open LiveTV .
    Press the Menu button on RCU to open a side-bar menu.
    Scroll to very bottom of that menu to see the version designation of the current IPTV app installed.

Sound
    Home Launcher screen > Settings > Device Preferences > Sound
    This is for surround sound set ups.
    System sound will show as On by default.
    Just below that is the Select Formats option, open that.
    It is set as Auto by default.
    You can select None or Manual here as well.
    -None = no surround sound.
    -Manual = select which format.
    Select Manual and will be taken back one page and now we can select the format wanted.
    -Dolby Atmos
    -AC3 (Dolby Digital)
    -EAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus)
    -DTS
    -DTS-HD
    -AAC
    -Dolby TrueHD

Screenshots
    Press and hold the green Power button on RCU until a sidebar pop-up menu appears with 3 functions
    -Power Off
    -Restart
    -Screenshot
    Select screenshot and a window will briefly appear with the screenshot to be saved.
    Screenshots will be saved to a folder on USB drive, or at least that is maybe how it will be done, but at this time during testing the function is not yet fully functional, or it may be that I have something incorrect, like the format on the USB drive. I will be updating this with results asap.
    I found where the Screenshots are stored...
    My Apps > Files > Images

Reset
    Home Launcher screen > Settings > Device Preferences > Reset
    This will take your XR4000 back to it's factory setup.
    All personal settings, network settings, apps and System settings will be erased or defaulted back to factory.

Clear Memory
    Hit the home button twice quickly.

Close all Open Apps
    Hit the Home button 4 times.

Subtitles and Audio
    LiveTV channels may have multiple Audio tracks.
    To access Subtitles and Audio settings, while viewing live TV channels use the green button to bring up the menu.
    Subtitles
    -Disable/Enable
    -DVB subtitles - English
    Audio
    -Disable/Enable
    -Track1/Track2/Track3

Define the Power button's function
    Settings > Advanced Settings > PowerKey Definition.
    This will give you 3 chooses to set the Power Button's function.
    -Sleep
    -Power Off
    -Restart

Back Lite Remote
    Turn the Back Light to on or off by pressing and holding the Blue button.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-05-2020 at 02:26 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    no matter what I select for boot it's always home screen

Warrior
    yep not enabled yet

XR4000 test boxes received an update yesterday.
    There were alot of things that were adjusted, fixed and/or added.

This 'Home Screen Favorites' thing was one of them.
    The function now works as it is supposed to.
    Last night after testing results, I have revised the outline shown in post #1
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-21-2019 at 01:59 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast