Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Update:

Hmmm.. interesting.

The GUIDE button on the ARQ-100 remote now brings up the EPG, which is the first time that's worked since I've owned the ARQ-100 and BuzzTV xpl300 (over a year), which is great!

Unfortunately, I can't back out of the EPG using the Back button on the ARQ-100 now , or using any other buttons on it for that matter, just like the issues with other Menu/Screens previously reported in this thread. Prior to this latest ROM update, in order to get the GUIDE to appear using the ARQ-100 RCU, I had to press the lil' sprocket/gear button in the lower left corner of the remote. After the update, pressing that button brings up the Settings Menu, which is great and seems logical, as one would expect, but once again, I'm unable to back out of that menu either using the Back button on the ARQ-100 RCU, and have to use the original (crappy) RCU that shipped with the xpl3000 stb.

This is both exciting and disappointing at the same time! LoL

Edit:
    I tried pulling both batteries from the ARQ-100, waiting a few mins, and while waiting, I used the original xpl3000 RCU to navigate menus, access the Guide, etc., exited to full screen view mode, and then put the batteries back into the ARQ-100 RCU, pressed the GUIDE button, which brought up the EPG again (yay!), waited a few seconds, them pressed the Back button and this time it allowed me to exit the EPG. Maybe the battery removal caused the equivalent of a mini re calibration of sorts...dunno.

I'm not sure what's causing this intermittent bizarre behavior, but maybe if manually rebooting the stb after the automatic reboot has already happened, and then removing the batteries in the ARQ-100 RCU is the trick to keep the RCU working, I'll post an update to that effect later. It seems to be working for now, tho, and hopefully it will continue to do so.

Rocket Recovery Technician
    I have two Buzz xpl3000 boxes and I cannot get either one to update and have tried everything mention in this forum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I have two Buzz xpl3000 boxes and I cannot get either one to update and have tried everything mention in this forum.
    update was pulled

Well...while we're all waiting for news as to if/when a new update for the xpl3000 (and 3900) will be posted....I thought I'd post a quick update on my experience with the (now pulled V002S901_20190314) update which was installed on my xpl3000 stb.

For the past 2 days since it was downloaded / installed (per my previous experiences / manual methods posted earlier in this thread used to achieve it), it has been stable and I have had NO issues whatsoever with it.

It's nice having the GUIDE button working as it should on the ARQ-100 RCU, and all functions on the xpl3000 so far seem to be rock solid. So my experience on the xpl3000 at least, with regard to the V002S901_20190314 (pulled) update overall has been a good one. Perhaps I got lucky...dunno...but usually I don't, so having this particular update work as well as it has for the past 2 days has been fun.

I hope whatever update coming out next for the xpl3000 and/or 3900 will go smoothly, and soon, so the rest of the peeps with either of the affected/intended BuzzTV stb's can partake in the improvements.

Banned
    it was pulled because it froze up the 3900's
    stuck on boot

@dishuser:

I know. Just reporting the good experience I've had with the pulled update on the 3000.

I saw the interim fix posted for the 3900's tho, so that's good for 3900 owners, which I hope to be one of in the Fall, unless something better than the 3000 / 3900 is arriving by then.

Someone said , "we're all waiting for news as to if/when a new update for the xpl3000 (and 3900) will be posted."

I'm not waiting ......... or even thinking about an update ........... My Buzztv boxes all work fine ........ updates are many times just no big deal ...........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jropps View Post
    @dishuser:

I know. Just reporting the good experience I've had with the pulled update on the 3000.

I saw the interim fix posted for the 3900's tho, so that's good for 3900 owners, which I hope to be one of in the Fall, unless something better than the 3000 / 3900 is arriving by then.
    two 4000 models are coming

Fire From Within

I'm assuming the updates are only for the Android 7 boxes, as I've not seen one for the Android 6. If the OP would be so kind to indicate this, it would help. It would be nice to get the updates to the BuzzTV app, just for testing purposes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    I'm assuming the updates are only for the Android 7 boxes, as I've not seen one for the Android 6. If the OP would be so kind to indicate this, it would help. It would be nice to get the updates to the BuzzTV app, just for testing purposes.
    android 6 got the update a couple of months ago
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?40476-rom-update
    so yes this was for 7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast