Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    crazybobs TV Expert

New update for Buzz

Woke up the morning and noticed a new update. The box updated and rebooted went very smoothly.
    All is good in BuzzTV Land !!!

Banned
    what is version number?
    what did update fix or add?

crazybobs TV Expert
    Fixes for the following
    BuzzTV App
    Buzz Launcher
    ARQ-100 Remote

The last 8 digits were -21090314 on the update version. I wasn't quick enough to get the first set !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bwcbob View Post
    Fixes for the following
    BuzzTV App
    Buzz Launcher
    ARQ-100 Remote

The last 8 digits were -21090314 on the update version. I wasn't quick enough to get the first set !
    so it was a rom update

crazybobs TV Expert
    yes ROM update

I checked the Build # V002S901_20190105

My BuzzTV xpl3000 popped up that update msg late last nite, and just sat there, for 2 hours, with no visible update to the progress bar, and after 2 hours of it sitting there on screen doing nothing, I clicked on the [Cancel] button, and the stalled out/unresponsive update dialog box disappeared from the screen.

I checked for updates via Menu-> Check updates a few times last nite afterwards, which of course said there were not any, and again this morning, and even unplugged the stb for a few mins, powered it back on, and haven't seen any notice of that update again so far. How do you check for and manually trigger this update on the xpl3000?

I'm hoping this update, if acquired, will fix the weird behavior that's been happening lately with getting stuck inside of onscreen menu functions using the Menu button on the ARQ-100 remote (even with fresh batteries), whereby pressing the back-out button doesn't work, nor do any of the other buttons, except occasionally the Home button will respond, but mostly once stuck in a menu option screen, the only way out is to either use the original (crappy) remote that came with the xpl3000 to press the Home key on it, then arrow over to Restart option, or pull the power to the stb.

Banned
    home/settings/more/about
    what build number do you have?

@dishuser:

I have Build # V002S901_20180525 (which is the older build, not the newest).

Banned
    home/settings/update

@dishuser:

I'd tried that earlier, several times, and nothing happened, until now, when I unchecked automatic, selected Manual update, and then it stated it had already downloaded V002S901_20190314, and gave me two options: Direct Update or Re-Download.

I selected Direct Update, and it updated, rebooted the stb on ts own afterwards, and then when I went into Home->Update, it showed:
    Current version: V002S901_20190314
    Last updated: Wed May 09 03:54:14 EDT 2018 (which clearly wasn't the correct date, it should've been today's date)

Then, I got stuck in that menu using the ARQ-100, couldn't;t escape using the Back-out button on it, and the Home Button and others didn't respond either... so, once again I had to use the original (crappy) xpl3000 remote that came with the unit to back out of that menu, then navigate to Home->Settings->More->About to verify the build number, which matched the one in the Home->Update screen, V002S901_20190314,

Afterwards I could once gain use the ARQ-100 remote.

Something is whacked when it comes to my use of the ARQ-100 remote control. which only started happening a couple of weeks or so ago, and rarely so then, but now it's happening pretty much all the time, even with a 2nd set of brand new Duracell batteries in the ARQ-100.

Weird.. and annoying!

I tried a hard power off (remove DC power cable from rear of stb), wait a few mins, then powered on to see if that improved anything with regard to the bizarre behavior with the ARQ-100 on my BuzzTVxpl3000 stb, which like I said earlier, only started happening a couple of weeks ago, slowly, and now it's occurring often.
    The ARQ-100 seems to work normally, at first, until I access the Menu button or any of thr aforementioned screens/menus, then it seems to refuse to allow me to back out of them to the next higher level, and I have to resort to using the original (crappy) xpl3000 remote to navigate the menus again.

I've Cleared Cache too, but that hasn't helped. Uggghhhh! What a pain in the drain!

I'm considering buying the xpl3900, for better recording capabilities (i.e., onboard ssd or hdd), but now with the onset of this wacky ARQ-100 RCU issue, I may hold off until I hear of any other planned updates for the xpl3900, assuming it suffers any of the same ills that I'm experiencing with the xp3000/ARQ-100 combo.

Meanwhile.... I will check out the other "fixes/improvements" posted earlier by bwcbob, which ostensibly include:

Fixes for the following
    BuzzTV App
    Buzz Launcher
    ARQ-100 Remote <-- Hasn't fixed anything for me (yet)

Fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast