Channel numbers versus channel generic template

Hi all,

Hope you all are doing great. I have a few questions.

1. With regards to the templates for channel list listed on the iptvrocket website rocket checker. You are able to select from a drop down a large number of templates. I could not find what the other templates do or how they organize the channels in a certain way. Any info I would appreciate it.

2. why are there English channels in the 9300's+ when there are only suppose to be Spanish HD channels. Note all these are HD channels and have 2 audio tracks (Spanish and English). Very good stuff in the 9300's.

3. why are there FOX premium movie channels (6 channels), several Discovery channels in the 9300's+ and 456-458 (FOX premium channel) scattered around instead of being in the 1-500 section as English and HD.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I can answer question #1
    Your android receiver application will only work with the Generic m3u playlists.
    Them others are for other applications.
    What you can do is download any of them or all of them and open each thru your Windows Text editor (Notepad) and view how the content is setup.
    Look at the Generic list and notice that setup. Your m3u Player takes note of that # symbol and is how it knows things like to read next line and etc.. Same with other symbols and directives in that list, they all tell the Player what to do.
    So each list is device or application specific.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thanks, yeah I saw the weird naming and it looked like box specific. Thanks, Hopefully #2 and #3 can be answered by the rocket,nfps teams.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    did you know that if you are using the Generic m3u Playlist or the Generic with options Playlist, and if you download that list and open it with Notepad Editor, you can arrange the channels any way you want. Can delete unwanted channels too. But that has to be done thru a hard-copy of the list and then use that edited copy and load thru USB onto your device/Player.
    It is an option

Using the Playlist that way thou, you will not get updated channel arrangements. You will still get the new channel(s) and its current content, but the channel names and arrangements will not show or change till you do that yourself with a new list or just adding the new channels to your already edited list.
    It is some work, but there it is
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa