Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    if I was not drinking whiskey I would explain the whole thing... but I am so I can't

Be careful guys and test everything
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    if I was not drinking whiskey I would explain the whole thing... but I am so I can't

Be careful guys and test everything
    Not again!!! lol You did very well at explaining why you can't explain it

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeit1 View Post
    Not again!!! lol You did very well at explaining why you can't explain it
    About sums it up very succinctly!

IT SAYS: If our system detect that you are using your donation through a VPN, Proxy, Datacenter or in more than 1 device at the same time it will be automatically banned.

How can The vpn use be detected?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cometin View Post
    having a different ip

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    having a different ip
    Correct And I know because I use a VPN on other apps in my box and forgot to turn it off when switching over to the IPTV

Quote Originally Posted by cometin View Post
    having different ip does not mean you are using vpn. if you have dynamic ip it will change whenever you reboot your modem. depends on lease time from provider sometimes it changes every reboot or sometimes it takes a while.
    as far server detecting, if you use one donation more than one device/applications simultaneously with 2 different public ips thats where you will get detected and banned after third warning. you can connect to more than one device with 1 donation in your house network (via assigned Mac and M3u playlist) same time. hope this will help.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    having different ip does not mean you are using vpn. if you have dynamic ip it will change whenever you reboot your modem. depends on lease time from provider sometimes it changes every reboot or sometimes it takes a while.
    as far server detecting, if you use one donation more than one device/applications simultaneously with 2 different public ips thats where you will get detected and banned after third warning. you can connect to more than one device with 1 donation in your house network (via assigned Mac and M3u playlist) same time. hope this will help.
    if you use a vpn and pick canada for example you're not guaranteed same location in canada every time you connect hence a different ip
    ip gives up location

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    It is pretty hard to tell in fact.
    If you were a national security risk, the GI guys could enter your router and know for sure easy enough, but beyond that it could be human error or captured packet analysis that gets you caught.
    I read some interesting articles a while ago on this.

Some things I can remember ....

End points and the amount of send traffic is important to look at and even the easiest thing to see is that all (100%) end points come from same IP (VPN server). Another is that some traffic is un-encrypted (un-important things as deemed by ISPs), while a VPN and a good VPN will show all traffic as encrypted.
    This would take some dedication to catch but is possible.

Human error or lack of how VPNs work is another way to be detected.

At start up (for instance), your VPN is not initialized for a certain time period, till the connection is established first thru the real IP, or something like that and that is VPN and system dependent too. But that is something that can be detected easy enough by a server.

If a group are using windows systems and that is been established thru the server already for instance, and are connected to a Linux VPN (which most VPNs are) and the connections are showing as linux, then that is easily seen.

Servers may not like VPNs mostly for the fact that multiple users may be seen on same IPs and stuff like that, that send kaos and confesses the system
    Servers that allow more then one connection defiantly do not like VPNs ... In the cases the user/client could sell or give one of his connections to his buddy down the street and he could use that on another IP and at same time, type of thing. That would be like using a VPN thru one device in your home and using your correct IP thru another device in your home.... that would show as two IPs and therefore a no no...

Does not matter how many times your IP changes , that is not a real indication that a VPN is in use. It matters about them end points thou and that is where you would need to capture the packet and analysis that.

In reality, I can send you my code and you could log on at your location without an issue, so that would be like the IP changing from across the country or even the world.
    If we get this done while communicating on-line and do it say maybe tens times in a row and quickly, it will work and with no consequences.
    So IP changes do not matter so much unless the server is already physically dedicated to investigating that one connection and the IP changes are just a hint that something may be a miss.

Severs and ISPs sometimes will subscribe to a 'Block Chain' list and if any IPs are seen from that list then they will be banned.
    VPNs will sometimes only use certain block chain in their IPs
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-19-2019 at 02:46 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast