Thread: STB is blocked

STB is blocked

I am a reseller in the Caribbean who is experiencing a constant problem with people calling to say that their STB is blocked. Some people's location keeps changing to Puerto Rico or different islands on a daily basis. What can I do to control this?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I have recently seen that a new update has been pushed to these Mag boxes. If you have your updates set to Auto, then the receiver probably did get an update in last couple of days. The update was said to be another step in implementing exclusively the Munistra software/middleware, while servers using the Stalker software/midddleware may run into some issues.

Shown below are quotes from a guy 'off the street', just one day ago...
    'They are not blocking any more ...its just a marketing gimmick to promote their OS Munistra so IPTV provider switch to it'
    'Now provider have to update their stalker to meet new software....and if user don't want to face such thing, then simply disable auto update'
    end quote

So if your mag receivers took an update recently, it may be wise to first turn Auto Update to OFF and leave it off, then try loading that No_Block file or if you have an older file stored away somewhere for them mags, then load that older file (older by at least a year ago, or so).
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thank you very much for that explanation.

Can you tell me where I can get a file I can use to replace what is currently installed?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    post #33 on the thread linked below.
    Let me know if the installation goes okay, as I have a suspicion that the files which are inside the main fie folder are no longer available in that download, but I am not sure.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...OCKING-portals

That No_Block file is an original Mag file but has been edited to remove the 'call home' directive.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

...AVOV Deja vu !!!