Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new remote lost function

This new remote was working for 3 months now My 3900 remote dont work have two of kb one and both dont work on boxs .I tried Batteries and changed usb ones too did factory reset to and no go .Can anyone tell me how can i get this to work again only thing the remote will do is turn it on and off thats it .Now are there any setting ? the older remote works on box but cant take it from wife just not kb one will work it did for 3 months then lost function now what gives was it update that screwed this up ? How can i get this remote to work again or my box any info on how to reset remote on box or anything i can try to get box to let function work on remote again just on and off that it and hot key kodi but wont let me do anything after that no up or down or anything
    Last edited by Marley; 06-25-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Banned
    in the manual it tells you how to re-pair the usb dongle

dont have manual and both go out do think so i have two usb dongle and both dont work but thanks for info and like i said it turn offf and on and hot key works kodi but nothing after that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    dont have manual and both go out do think so i have two usb dongle and both dont work but thanks for info and like i said it turn offf and on and hot key works kodi but nothing after that
    I posted the manual before
    Code:
    https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/pp250/dishuser/0/d4c5d1c2-e911-49b6-8d05-2d696ee5d469-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

both remote wont reprogram how can both be bad ? i can see one being bad but not two fn light will just not come on it says to contact support whats there email address
    Last edited by Marley; 06-26-2019 at 03:19 AM.

what more can i do on both remotes z ans > wont turn on fn did what it says to do truly need some help both remotes cant be bad fn light goes on when i click it just not when i want to reset the remote any help here at all

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    what more can i do on both remotes z ans > wont turn on fn did what it says to do truly need some help both remotes cant be bad fn light goes on when i click it just not when i want to reset the remote any help here at all
    STB power on.

Remove Dongle.

Remove batteries from Remote.

Press and hold "a bunch" of Keys, for 15sec. (drains out power)

Stand close to the STB and install the batteries in the Remote, and within 30 seconds (sooner the better), press and hold z and > simultaneously, until Fn light comes on.
    *(hold remote. dont place on a table, as you may inadvertantly press a button on other side)

Place the Remote on top of STB (or within 7 inches).

Insert Dongle in STB USB port.

If the Fn light does not flash within 15 seconds, try again using an alternate USB port.
    Try the other Dongle.

Thats all I can offer!

dont that did that on both and no two cant be bad at same time and added new batteries and did press and hold z and > simultaneously, until Fn light comes on. which both remote wont do i give up thanks all for help but no go on both remotes which to me is weird one yes not two anyhow i got old 3000 remote and that works perfect just no kb .
    Last edited by Marley; 07-07-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Banned
    did you try switching dongles?

yup did that too
    i cant reset both of them just dead weird why both would do that so im using my old remote from 3000 laid that one to rest dont have money to buy one more remote have lots of hospital bills coming up very soon
    only button that will work is off and on and hot key one kodi which i get kodi but cant click any other button for kodi to work this is just weird and both remote i cant reset them so thats where im at at this point dont know if i have two bad remotes or what but both do same thing 3000 works great np at all and shooty i tried that many ways and no go change batteries too it just stop working what like 3 week to month ago all was great till then box is fine luv my 3900 one of best out there imoa tell anyone to buy one i even did factory reset too i cant test it on 3000 because the dogs got to it work but needs lots of work still running fine like i post takes a licking and keeps on ticking thats the truth to that one
    Last edited by Marley; 07-21-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast