get active

Beelink GT-King 4gb ddr4 ram 64gb rom

Well, this latest Beelink box comes with a lot of high end hardware & software and its pricey but it seems as though the value is there so I ordered a couple, one from Shenzen, China which will take close to 2 months for about 148 loonies.
    The other I ordered from Amazon for 165 loonies but it will arrive on Tuesday so it think it was worth the few extra sheckles and I'll try and update my thoughts after I find out what its all about. I found out about it while I was trying to find some updates for the Beelink CSA 93 boxes and couldn't find any locally so I sent Amazon a hint and voila, they had them listed two days later, go figure. I think their latest box will out perform the older boxes by a country mile as it has Android Pie 9.0 but check it out, its worth a read especially the specs on the latest Beelink GT King box.

UPDATE: I spent the day configuring this box and I thought I would write a review as it came, no updates, no changes to firmware or hardware. It runs extremely fast, very smooth regardless of software loaded or emulator used. Android Pie 9.0 combined with the DDR 4 memory really does make this box run smooth. The air remote is different from any other remote I've run across. The USB is inside the battery compartment in case you're looking for it. The remote itself takes 2 AAA batteries which both install side bay side and both positive ends go in facing the front of the remote which differs from the norm but it runs fine on rechargeable as well as regular batteries. There are no numbers on this remote so I would advise getting a programmable air remote with numbers so you can change the channels from 104 to say 301 without running through all the channels. There are some other differences with this remote which you should be aware of as there appears to be several ways in which to use it depending on which buttons you press which can take some time to work out or memorize which you wouldn't have to do with a regular USB mouse. I can see why there was a lot of frustrated users trying to use this mouse but if you are aware you have to learn the ways in which to use this mouse then it may cut down on the frustration and allow you to tune in with the learning aspect of it. Ok, I installed an Emulator, went and reassigned a different mac to this box and updated the new mac information before I tried connecting it. It connected fine after taking a few moments for it to be recognized but all went as it normally does. I installed Kodi 18.2 and it ran like it was on steroids, very quick, smooth and I installed and ran some software after configuring kodi audio, video, etc. I installed a VPN on the box itself and connected to the South Hampton server as I wanted to download and install some British IPTV video apps off of playstore to see what players I would have to use with it and I had no problems watching some of the basic channels through kodi. I really don't understand what could have caused all the negative reviews unless something was wrong with the updated firmware or the frustration of using the air mouse. I ordered a programmable air mouse with numbers to see how it will work with this box but a Logitech USB mouse with combination keyboard will work well with this box so I assume the Microsoft Blue tooth USB mouse will also work with it. I did not connect an ethernet cord to this box so everything ran on wireless without a problem. This box is an improvement in many ways from the CS93 boxes I've been using but I can only attribute that to the newer android OS and ddr4 memory although it has more of it as well. I would recommend this box to anything I've had before and I did order another one from China as it was ordered before this one arrived. There are several ways to get the most out of this box in whichever way you want to do it but be aware, it took a few hours to get this configured and learn what was going on with the air mouse as it is a puzzle you have to work out but it works well once you get it figured out. UPDATE: I couldn't get used to the air mouse that comes with it, hands & fingers too big, so I bought a Wechip G20 air mouse remote which works perfectly straight out of the box. Nothing to learn, nothing to configure perfect replacement
    Last edited by Deadwood; 07-14-2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: UPDATE added

get active
    UPDATE Review " I have 2 of these boxes and I have updated the firmware twice on both boxes from firmware 902 to 903 to 905 which is the latest firmware. I used the onboard Update which is in the Settings area and it has a heading Check Updates and it connects to the server checks if there are any updates and if there are it asks if you want to update. If you choose to update, Know this, you cannot jump from 902 to 905, you have to update from 902 to 903 to 905. Once the update starts, it took a long, long time before there was any indication that anything was happening. DO NOT power off or do anything as you can and probably will brick your box. If you see RESUME come up, click on it ONCE and repeat DO NOTHING. Eventually it will start to load the new firmware and patience is required as the firmware is a big file which needs to download extract and install of which most of this is not shown nor indicated. Once you update the first firmware from 902 to 903 you will be tuned in to what to expect. Go back to the Settings area and the UPDATE Check to check again for updates and repeat the above. The 905 firmware is much better although Beelink will have to work on the next firmware to get this box to work as well as the Pendoo X6 Pro box which is top dog in my opinion and its less than half the price of a Beelink GT King Right now, I'm letting these two boxes sit until the next firmware comes out but they work well enough to be used on a daily basis, just not as well as the Pendoo X6 Pro boxes.

get active
    There have been 4 firmware updates which have to be installed in succession in order to get the most recent firmware update installed. These 4 updates have made some big changes with the Beelink King GT as I have 2 of these boxes which I have updated to the latest firmware which came out in Jan 2020. The freezing issues has all but totally disappeared even using wireless connections. I have no regrets buying these boxes although they have increased in price, the support has been stellar. I have experienced an occasional lock up when using the latest STB Emulator Pro but it seems to happen whenever I'm on one of the ITV British channels so I don't know if its the media player, the STB Emulator Pro app or something related to the Beelink King GT software or firmware ? Android 9.0 works well with this box as its fast, perhaps too fast which may increase the chances of a bug popping up. Anyone reading this should consider updating their firmware on every device they have including router, android tv set top boxes, televisions and whatever devices that relate to firmware updates. Smart Tv firmware updates tend to come with more adware, apps and bloatware so Smart Tv's may be something of an exception when it comes to firmware updates.

get active
    Another recent firmware update has cured the bugs that were left as everything appears to work smoother and without some of the problems it had after the last update. For those who have the Beelink GT King, go into your settings and use the Update Check to see if it has the latest firmware installed, if it doesn't, it will report new firmware and you can choose to install it, follow the directions and do not interfere or stop even if it appears the loading has stopped, it hasn't, it can be very slow to load depending on your connection. I also found the VLC media player works well on British, American, International and VOD although some other players may work better for you on your box.

get active
    Just another heads up as a newest firmware update is now available which appears to have added more stability to the box with enhanced video and smoother surfing.