Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new update on Dreamlink T2

I believe I saw something about an update on the Dreamlink T2, but I can't remember where.
    However, it's about release notes V.1.2.71 Firmware version 2.8.71 or 1.2.71 depending on the device.

New firmware version - V.1.2.71
    New IPTV version V.1.9.75

It gives a warning to install at your own risk, as software cannot be rolled back after installation.
    I have not installed it as yet. I am thinking here. If you install it, and not satisfied, or something goes wrong, can you not uninstall the whole DOL2, and reinstall the DOL from the market? Where is this software coming from? From the manufacturers? If from the manufacturers of the Dreamlink T2, why are they giving a warning about an update to their product? I am just curious, as I have never seen or heard about a warning about an update.

Should I go ahead and install this new firmware update?
    Love to hear your thoughts.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    What version is on your T2 now ?

The last official release was the firmware v2.8.49 with DOL @ 1.9.61
    Then later the 1.9.74 beta, but that was pulled due to some users were not able to log onto portals and the 1.9.75 came out as a HotFix but not needed if you are having no issues with the 1.9.74

Yes the there are versions of the DOL in the Market you can go back to. You must delete the DOL onboard first thou.
    However, if your firmware version is an older version then what is showing with that 1.9.75 update, then I would go ahead with the update to get the newer firmware, but ultimately the choice is yours.

That warning is just a generic warning to bring attention to that fact that you can not roll back firmware.
    The techs told me that in future releases that warning message will be toned down a bit, due to people asking why such a warning.

[17.05.19 03:15]
    Official hotfix for MYTVOnline 1 has been released.
    Optional Cumulative Hotfix for DOL/MOL : 1.9.75

Change Log

FIX: Software Update Loop
    FIX: Favorite channels not working on certain XC portals
    FIX: Mini Market not accessible if no portals are installed (Nano)
    FIX: HLS streams don't auto-recover after network instability

Since this an optional hotfix, we are not announcing it through the normal social media and announcement channels.
    We only recommend people who are having issues to update to this version.
    Version 1.9.74 was briefly available for download.
    It had a critical bug so it was immediately taken down and replaced with 1.9.75.
    The bug symptoms were as follows:
    - unable to sign into portal. Portal progress bar stops at 30% mark.
    Users complaining about this who are running 1.9.74 should upgrade to 1.9.75
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-21-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Hotfix is to fix something immediately without altering the rest of the work on that particular firmware version.
    Beta version or un-official version is the work ongoing with any particular version designation.
    Official version is their work completed and after beta testing. This work may need a hotfix.. that hotfix release negates the need to roll back. So you may see, the team is ontop of it, when you see hotfixes
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-20-2019 at 05:59 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

The current version on my T2 is V1.2.49
    Current IPTV Version is V1.9.61

The update is telling me of the new firmware version - V1.2.71, and the new IPTV version - V1.9.75
    Advise what to do

If it's working fine then don't update but if you are having issues then just update.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Random Engineer
    Was having a few issues. So I updated. Big mistake. it's freezing way too much now. all channels. Tries to revert back to earlier version but cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy1 View Post
    Was having a few issues. So I updated. Big mistake. it's freezing way too much now. all channels. Tries to revert back to earlier version but cannot.
    that is not software/firmware or DOL issue.
    One of the dreamlinks here still had the same older firmware and software as frankglo had and it freezing up too on many channels.

Firmware version: V1.2.49
    IPTV Version: V1.9.61 .... except I had the v1.9.55 here.

So with that older versions there were found alot of channels freezing up. So connected Ethernet and disconnected WiFi (thru the Wi-Fi menu).
    Then still with no recent software or DOL update, there was no more freezing on them same channels that had terrible freezing.
    Probably could have adjusted some thing in router admin panel but connecting hardwire was easier.

So now, will update to the newest versions and see how that goes with this one dreamlink.
    - Frank Zappa

Firmware version: 2.8.71 or 1.2.71 (device dependent)
    Warning: install at own risk. Software can not be rolled back.

Change Log
    System Add: Mini app market for Nano.
    System Fix: Internal WLAN dropping issues.
    System Fix: Display Resolution.
    System Improvements: Display resolution Window.
    System Fix: System software update hangs when system memory is full.
    System Improvements: Front panel boot-up sequence.
    System Fix: Android location Service.
    Various bugs fix with performance improvements.

Hotfix for DOL: v1.9.75
    Warning: install at own risk. Software can not be rolled back.

Fix: Software Update loop.
    Fix: Favorite channels not working on certain XC portals.
    Fix: HLS streams don't auto-recover after network instability.

After update there were no changes seen with channels.
    No freezing.
    Hardwire connected.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-21-2019 at 04:03 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

I am using Ethernet cable, no WiFI

Now today, all channels are black. And sorry I do not mean to jack the thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast