Netflix, Amazon Prime

How does this box handle Netflix and Amazon Prime? Does 4k work from those apps on this box? Also, do they support other content apps like Fibe TV, Crave, SportsNet etc if a user has subscribed to those services?

if there apk app they should work the other two do

Bought the T3 today but not crazy about the Netflix app and can't seem to get Amazon Prime app to download and install either.

It's really unfortunate we can't use the Android TV version of Netflix. It's making me reconsider my purchase and look at something like a Firestick.

Is there no way of side loading the Android TV versions of the Netflix and Amazon Prime apps?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagstyles View Post
    Bought the T3 today but not crazy about the Netflix app and can't seem to get Amazon Prime app to download and install either.

It's really unfortunate we can't use the Android TV version of Netflix. It's making me reconsider my purchase and look at something like a Firestick.

Is there no way of side loading the Android TV versions of the Netflix and Amazon Prime apps?
    of course you can side-load on that T3
    What the real issue is to find the apks that are optimized best for the use.

That File Manager seen on the Launcher screen is what to use for side-loading functions.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    of course you can side-load on that T3
    What the real issue is to find the apks that are optimized best for the use.

That File Manager seen on the Launcher screen is what to use for side-loading functions.
    Is there a good Netflix APK that will provide a similar experience to the native Netflix Android TV app? I was able to get the Amazon Prime app working flawlessly, it's just Netflix that doesn't allow you to scroll or move around the screen without using an air mouse which I'd like to avoid as I use a harmony remote in my home.