Pinball Wizard

Apple to announce end of iTunes music platform

Tech giant Apple is expected to announce the end of its music platform iTunes at its developer conference beginning tomorrow.
    The development has been rumoured for years as subscription-style streaming services like Spotify, Amazon Music and Apple’s own Apple Music have gone from strength to strength with music downloading. Apple’s iTunes was introduced in 2001 in an effort to tackle the music industry’s piracy issue.

In its 18 years, iTunes had become a convenient source for all things music, movies and TV.
    With Apple’s decision to drop their music streaming platform, they will divide those services into three new apps including Music, TV and Podcasts.
    Apple has already decentralized media on iPads and iPhones which offer these separate apps, next they will migrate Macs and Macbooks.
    As well as the decision to drop iTunes, Apple are also expected to announce an Apple Watch App Store as well as updates to Mac Pro.

Fire From Within

Streaming killed iTunes, I guess. I do have my music collection mirrored elsewhere on the cloud, but I'm not planning to add to it with today's music pretty much unlistenable. FM radio is still an option, if you need to be dumbed down with Top40.

I never subbed to iTunes, but it seemed to me to be a big hassle, especially with them using AAC as their format, and that you could lose your purchased music if you only had it on their platform and didn't download it. MP3 just sounds fine to me.

Pinball Wizard
    I completely agree, never like those never ending updates. this was long overdue in my opinion!!

Banned
    I use banshee for my ipod shuffle