Thread: Two MACs?

Two MACs?

My second post here and this one I need some clarification on!? I notice that the DL T2 Prime box has a MAC number printed on it as well as the underside of the unit (both the same). I hardwired it to my router and noticed that the MAC registered there for the LAN address is different. In addition, on the DOL2 portal interface, the MAC on the box and packaging is the same as the "ID" on that page but on the lower right corner of said page is the MAC identified by my router. A layman question, why are these two "MAC"s different?

My search for "mac" on the unit forum and the main forum was not very helpful for me with the question.

I may not be correct but Mac you see on prime it's for your iptv DOL/middleware . And Mac you see on your router belongs to your network card/hardware inside of your box.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I may not be correct but Mac you see on prime it's for your iptv DOL/middleware . And Mac you see on your router belongs to your network card/hardware inside of your box.
    You are likely correct because that does make sense to keep the hardware MAC private. Thank you!

thanks budd
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.