Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    don't drink and drive
    exactly
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    and Dish, I been waiting for you to tell us who the team really is.
    I could , but I thought I would leave the honor to you.
    I asked and NBS did check with the team on this, they said it was okay
    if he said it was okay then it's up to you
    I haven't spoke to sean in years...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    if he said it was okay then it's up to you
    I haven't spoke to sean in years...lol
    okay then... members will have to tune in next week for the goods
    lmao...

CaptiveWorks
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Holy smokes ..Did not realize this forum was still active. I jumped back into the pool.
    Ez box has been a sweetspot for me the past 3 weeks other than Record option .
    Still a work in progress.

Nice to see the crew ....

Quote Originally Posted by sg2100 View Post
    Holy smokes ..Did not realize this forum was still active. I jumped back into the pool.
    Ez box has been a sweetspot for me the past 3 weeks other than Record option .
    Still a work in progress.

Nice to see the crew ....
    looks nice box
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

EZ Media PLayer setup

First thing I did was to connect an Ethernet internet connection to the EZ Player.
    Then HDMI cable and powered it on.
    It opened onto a very basic Launcher screen with only 2 shortcut options.
    Settings and Browser.

In the Settings are a few setups to look at , like Ethernet, WiFi, Display, Date/Time, Update and File Manager.
    -The Ethernet menu showed my DHCP was on and I was connected (because I did earlier connect that Ethernet first thing).
    -The WiFi menu showed all networks in vicinity (which is approx 20 networks) and it did pick up both 2.4g and 5g bands.
    -The Display will allow you to change resolution for TV screen fit, Sleep timer and some other important things.
    -The Update option seems to only allow local USB updating method, but that could change.
    -The File Manger opens up a File Browser, from where you can load apk file or media or documents or pictures and etc.

Okay at this point I decided to load an apk file and thru File Browser (there is also an apkInstaller tool that can be used for this as well).
    APK loaded fine. And before I exited that install menu I choose to Open the app,which it did.
    I exited out of the app and back onto Launcher screen (Home screen with them 2 shortcuts).
    But there was no way to re-open or open any apps I had onboard. So I used the setting button on the remote (just under the LIVE button near the top).
    That button opens the Main Settings for the Android device.
    I found the APPS shortcut and sure enough my app I had installed was there., along with a bunch of others. But you can't open APPs from there , You can uninstall them or Force Stop them from there, but not open. You can also clear cache in these menus too.

But how to get to the APP and open the APP from main Launcher screen ?

So I went into Android settings (thru the remote Settings button) and Open the Update option and there was an update there waiting, Installed that and it went fine.
    But still no Launcher shortcuts except those 2

So I then did the best thing next... I asked NBS

And the solution is when you have that Launcher screen open (with the Settings and Browser shortcuts onscreen), enter 12369 on your remote keypad.
    Then you will see things change and a setup sequence will start (select language and etc...)
    Then the Launcher screen will open and have lots of shortcuts
    MY app I installed is there too, under the APPs shortcut.
    There will be other ways and perhaps better ways to do many functions (like clearing cache and etc) and get to all the menus, once you have the 12369 code entered and all shortcuts will show on Launcher screen

You can get to your iptv server setup menus thru the buttons on the remote (LIVE, VOD or TV Series) or thru that Launcher screen and the EZ IPTV app.
    Your MAC address for the IPTV app will show here too (it starts with 00:1a:79).
    Do not get that confused with the MAC that shows in the Android Settings menu under information (with the same one showing on a stickier on the underside of the box). That one is the manufacture box's MAC and not the IPTV Mac.

Setup is fast and simple, long as you enter that 12369 code at Launcher startup

You can always enter the Android settings or launcher Settings at any time, to adjust any setups.

AND remember to open the Android Settings thru your remote's Setting button OR on your Launcher/Home screen there will be an Update option that will work as well, and get that first update that will be there waiting.
    frog_update-ota-20190508
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-17-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

as usual thanks crazed for detailed review.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Thanks Crazed and NBS. As we learned from the Buzz box, this one looks to be a winner as well.

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    First thing I did was to connect an Ethernet internet connection to the EZ Player.
    Then HDMI cable and powered it on.
    It opened onto a very basic Launcher screen with only 2 shortcut options.
    Settings and Browser.

In the Settings are a few setups to look at , like Ethernet, WiFi, Display, Date/Time, Update and File Manager.
    -The Ethernet menu showed my DHCP was on and I was connected (because I did earlier connect that Ethernet first thing).
    -The WiFi menu showed all networks in vicinity (which is approx 20 networks) and it did pick up both 2.4g and 5g bands.
    -The Display will allow you to change resolution for TV screen fit, Sleep timer and some other important things.
    -The Update option seems to only allow local USB updating method, but that could change.
    -The File Manger opens up a File Browser, from where you can load apk file or media or documents or pictures and etc.

Okay at this point I decided to load an apk file and thru File Browser (there is also an apkInstaller tool that can be used for this as well).
    APK loaded fine. And before I exited that install menu I choose to Open the app,which it did.
    I exited out of the app and back onto Launcher screen (Home screen with them 2 shortcuts).
    But there was no way to re-open or open any apps I had onboard. So I used the setting button on the remote (just under the LIVE button near the top).
    That button opens the Main Settings for the Android device.
    I found the APPS shortcut and sure enough my app I had installed was there., along with a bunch of others. But you can't open APPs from there , You can uninstall them or Force Stop them from there, but not open. You can also clear cache in these menus too.

But how to get to the APP and open the APP from main Launcher screen ?

So I went into Android settings (thru the remote Settings button) and Open the Update option and there was an update there waiting, Installed that and it went fine.
    But still no Launcher shortcuts except those 2

So I then did the best thing next... I asked NBS

And the solution is when you have that Launcher screen open (with the Settings and Browser shortcuts onscreen), enter 12369 on your remote keypad.
    Then you will see things change and a setup sequence will start (select language and etc...)
    Then the Launcher screen will open and have lots of shortcuts
    MY app I installed is there too, under the APPs shortcut.
    There will be other ways and perhaps better ways to do many functions (like clearing cache and etc) and get to all the menus, once you have the 12369 code entered and all shortcuts will show on Launcher screen

You can get to your iptv server setup menus thru the buttons on the remote (LIVE, VOD or TV Series) or thru that Launcher screen and the EZ IPTV app.
    Your MAC address for the IPTV app will show here too (it starts with 00:1a:79).
    Do not get that confused with the MAC that shows in the Android Settings menu under information (with the same one showing on a stickier on the underside of the box). That one is the manufacture box's MAC and not the IPTV Mac.

Setup is fast and simple, long as you enter that 12369 code at Launcher startup

You can always enter the Android settings or launcher Settings at any time, to adjust any setups.

AND remember to open the Android Settings thru your remote's Setting button OR on your Launcher/Home screen there will be an Update option that will work as well, and get that first update that will be there waiting.
    frog_update-ota-20190508
    Thanks for this review....

Looks different then all the others. Looks nice. I will be testing the ATSC on this baby and will post my findings as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast