Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bond02018, im glad its been working great for you. good stuff my friend.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Random Engineer
    I've done the reverse. I switched from Hardwire to WIFI with better results. Go figure.

thats why it called testing everyone has way of doing it but i say again if box is working dont touch that dial give it a few days first on freezing part

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    alot of these freezing or disconnecting issues can be attributed to networking.

Some routers have been known not to work with some iptv boxes. I had a certain name brand router at one time and one iptv stb I have would not connect using that router, it would connect fine with a different router thou. Other boxes would connect fine with either routers.
    Some routers will show freezing while other routers on same home network setup show no freezing.
    Setting priorities with Ethernet connections if you have a few connected, is also a fix.
    Some dual band WiFi routers will name the 5g band as one name and then have the 2.4g band named something else.This matters when the wifi is setup to optimize a connection (meaning the router will switch back and forth between 2.4g and 5g ... (which ever is giving the best signal at any current time).
    Then on the same point, the WiFi bands can be named the same name. This is set so that optimizing works like it should.
    Some dual band routers will also have something called Smartsteering or perhaps a name similar. This is also a function of optimizing.
    If you turn SmartSteering to On, then both WiFi bands must have the same name. Turning it Off then the WiFi bands should have different names, but with that Off it should not matter about the names, because the WiFi on the box is connected to only one anyway (unless you connect both bands thru your iptv boxes wifi connection setup menu.
    Which brings me to another point about all this. If Smart Steering is On, but on your receiver you have only the 2.5g set as connected but not the 5g band, then this may cause issues too as the router may be trying to switch to 5g or back to 2.4g , depending on the optimizing thing.
    I can tell you that the Dual band wifi on the Z8 I have here did play havoc with this z8 and I ended upturning the router's SmartSteering off and connected to 2.4g only and issues went away.

There are many things with home networking that can be responsible for freezing/disconnecting issues)

And also the secondary DNS or even Primary DNS is another thing to consider.
    China and Russia among other countries, have been attempting to close their internet communications so as to isolate it to their own countries only and not the rest of the world. One thing they are looking at is DNS ... This is nothing to do with us, and I am just adding this to show you how important DNS can be.
    BTW, China may be able to isolate themselves as they do not have many access points that internet actually gets into their country. But Russia, for get it. They have 1000s of access points so the governments of Russia are fighting a loosing battle, I would think

and we carry on .....
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    It doesn't matter what equipment you use, STB, TV's, computers, tablets, cell phones.. No matter what internet or 4G connection.. When the service isn't working, which it doesn't far more then it does, it just isn't going to work. When it works it's nice, just don't count on it.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Netconn View Post
    When the service isn't working, which it doesn't far more then it does, it just isn't going to work. When it works it's nice, just don't count on it.
    are you kidding me ??!!
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-28-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Netconn View Post
    It doesn't matter what equipment you use, STB, TV's, computers, tablets, cell phones.. No matter what internet or 4G connection.. When the service isn't working, which it doesn't far more then it does, it just isn't going to work. When it works it's nice, just don't count on it.
    You must have major problems on your end.I haven't seen many problems until a few nights ago.Some of the channels that are freezing as of last night anyways you could just switch the channel up and down and it was all good.

all im going to say is dont touch that dial do up and down channel thing but wait it out chit happen oh read this http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...ttent-Freezing
    Last edited by Marley; 05-29-2019 at 01:53 PM.

TV Addicted
    OK, When your system works fine for a month and then, without changing anything, it starts freezing and channels just stop working you can't blame the equipment. If you have problems from the start then yeah, you might have a router, connection, STB problem. When the freezing and missing channels happen, which happens a lot, I check other equipment with other donations on other connections.. No surprise, it's exactly the same. Adding to that, when it starts freezing people start posting about it.. So, yes.... it's the servers and nodes, and rarely the working equipment. For anyone that wants to try it, setup Kodi with all your info on your cell and see how it works with a 4G connection instead of your internet. You'll find the freezing, missing channels, etc is exactly the same. I've been on IPTV for nearly 3 years, connected in many states on many WiFi and cell connections. Over all this time sometimes it works good and sometimes it doesn't. I turn on the TV and it's a crap shoot, that's the way it is. Anyone that claims to have their system working perfectly all the time.. I call BS! Unless you're using something no one else knows about.

Netconn read top post and click on that link we here
    Last edited by Marley; 05-29-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast