Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb To Linux or not to Linux ?

" If you’re a refugee from Windows, you may be finding the Linux world slightly confusing, wondering how you can get the all same functionality you had in Windows, but still enjoy the freedom that Linux offers. Never fear! Linux is not some scary, difficult to use monster that’s only used by hackers and programmers, it’s actually becoming more and more user friendly every day.
    As such, you may be wondering what applications you should install. The following is a list of 50 useful and reasonably popular applications that many Linux users enjoy, in no particular order.

If you’re using Ubuntu or Mint, most of these applications can be found in the built-in Software Center GUI applications, or can be installed via the command line terminal. As you progress in your Linux experience, you’ll likely find yourself preferring to use the terminal, but everyone has their own preferences so do what works best for you. "...!

Code:
    http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/50-essential-linux-applications

Feel Free to Update Any and All...!

Just Downloaded Linuxmint-19.3-Tricia- 64Bit and Burned to Disc...! Tomorrow I will Back up Me Win 7 64 Bit onto a Flash Drive...

As for some reason Me Win7 won't allow Me to add another OS on Me Hard Drive, I will Install the Linux 64 Bit and then Re-install Win7 after the Linux Install...!

Over the Weekend I will Transfer Stuff from Win7 Docs/Pics and Notepad over to the Linux Install as I figure them out...!

I don't see why you can't install Linux on your windows hard drive ....If you partition the drive with enough open space to install Linux ...should not be a problem

Doesn't Really matter as Support for Win 7 Ends in 10 Days...!

Support ends but windows 7 will still work....I have a computer that still runs XP yet support ended a long time ago

For those wanting to Move On from Win-blows :

Code:
    https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-install-ubuntu-desktop#0

Rocket Recovery Technician
    I use Linux Mint and love it. Much faster than Windows and looks and works like windows. I have the Cinamon desktop and updates are 1000 times faster than windows.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I use Linux Mint and love it. Much faster than Windows and looks and works like windows. I have the Cinamon desktop and updates are 1000 times faster than windows.
    Hey redbaron, I have the 64 Bit Cinnamon I plan on Installing... Do You Know if I can Transfer some Documents and Pictures from My Win 7 Home Prem 64 Bit onto the Linux Mint Version via a USB Flash Drive Memory Stick...?!? Thanks...!

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Hey redbaron, I have the 64 Bit Cinnamon I plan on Installing... Do You Know if I can Transfer some Documents and Pictures from My Win 7 Home Prem 64 Bit onto the Linux Mint Version via a USB Flash Drive Memory Stick...?!? Thanks...!
    Yes you should be able to do that, just save them on your USB stick and copy them into Linux as it has a document foler and a picture folder.

OK, Thanks...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast