Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    Again, it shouldn't matter if the URL changes. Data flows into the box regardless of where it comes from. Once in the box the data can simply be moved to a local drive and saved....hence recorded video.
    developers said it does matter

Banned
    if you press record and it's recording from url 123 and switches to url 124 how would it know?

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    if you press record and it's recording from url 123 and switches to url 124 how would it know?
    The same way the TV app knows when a stream comes back after 15-20s of buffering. We don't have to do anything for the stream to resume, if figures it out by itself, so why can't the PVR do the same?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    The same way the TV app knows when a stream comes back after 15-20s of buffering. We don't have to do anything for the stream to resume, if figures it out by itself, so why can't the PVR do the same?
    because record has url in it
    url changes it goes to blank cause it recording from a dead feed

I'm not sure why this isn't understood

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    because record has url in it
    url changes it goes to blank cause it recording from a dead feed

I'm not sure why this isn't understood
    I am looking at it from this standpoint.

If the TV app has the ability to resume a stream after buffering for more than 20 seconds with no user interaction required, I ASSUME this means the TV app has the ability to detect the new stream URL. So, assuming that is correct, I do not understand why the PVR app cannot do the same and just start a NEW recording to continue recording the show once the new URL for the stream has been detected.

I understand what you are saying regarding the URL being set at the time of creating the scheduled recording. What I don't understand is why the PVR app cannot simply "query" the channel to ensure that stream URL is still valid, and if it is not, grab the new stream URL from the TV app to either resume the recording or, make a new file to pick up where it left off using the new URL.

Ambassador
    You can only do so much with these little boxes and to much of one thing may mess up another.If the developer says it can't be done without a steady Url then it can't be done.You may see things change as time goes on and hardware and software gets better.They need to keep things economical for the user.

I think you're missing my point, if the code is already in place in the TV app itself for it to detect when there is a new url for a stream (while you are watching live) I don't understand why that same code can't be shared with the PVR code.

Ambassador
    I think you're missing my point, if the code is already in place in the TV app itself for it to detect when there is a new url for a stream (while you are watching live) I don't understand why that same code can't be shared with the PVR code.
    Your missing our point.The developer says it can't be done and then it can't be done.They are not new at what they do and they have provided a good box for the end user.I'm sure they will put out newer boxes and continue to support this box.

I will email and correspond with buzz directly. I'm not going to waste my time arguing here, since no one here is the developer. That is unless someone here is going to present themselves as an official developer or as authorized to speak on their behalf. No one here has made that claim. I started this thread to find it a development was still in progress, not to argue about how features should or should not work.

Banned
    I will email and correspond with buzz directly. I'm not going to waste my time arguing here, since no one here is the developer. That is unless someone here is going to present themselves as an official developer or as authorized to speak on their behalf. No one here has made that claim. I started this thread to find it a development was still in progress, not to argue about how features should or should not work.
    when figure out how to do it let buzz know
    until then http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...l=1#post255104

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast