Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    Apparently you've been fortunate :-) For me, it has almost never worked properly.
    this might be why
    a recording can be cut off if the channel you're recording has been buffering a lot/more then 15 seconds while its recording.
    The issue with not being able to fix this, is because pretty much all server providers use Dynamic Urls for their streams, so if a channel buffers long enough it restarts and therefore creates a new URL and the recording was being done on the previous url.

Ok, I'm curious as to why if they know this it cannot simply resume the recording at the new URL or, start a new recording at the new URL? Maybe I am oversimplifying this, as I am not a developer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    Ok, I'm curious as to why if they know this it cannot simply resume the recording at the new URL or, start a new recording at the new URL? Maybe I am oversimplifying this, as I am not a developer.
    my guess is cause new url wasn't set in the recording of channel

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    my guess is cause new url wasn't set in the recording of channel
    That's where the flaw lies. The recording process should not depend on a URL or whether a server allows recording, etc.. Data flows into the box, just move that data to a local drive as it comes in. Recording should be box dependent and not rely on any other factors. This is a process that can be programmed into the box. If a video buffers, the buffer gets recorded, no need for the recording to just stop. Youtube does not allow you to record but I have software that records anything and everything I want from Youtube in real time right on to my hard drive with no hickups. I know for a fact it's possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    That's where the flaw lies. The recording process should not depend on a URL or whether a server allows recording, etc.. Data flows into the box, just move that data to a local drive as it comes in. Recording should be box dependent and not rely on any other factors. This is a process that can be programmed into the box. If a video buffers, the buffer gets recorded, no need for the recording to just stop. Youtube does not allow you to record but I have software that records anything and everything I want from Youtube in real time right on to my hard drive with no hickups. I know for a fact it's possible.
    and is the software you use compatible with android?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    and is the software you use compatible with android?
    It's compatible with Linux so....yeah. Since it is possible, Buzz just needs to rewrite the record capability into their app.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    It's compatible with Linux so....yeah. Since it is possible, Buzz just needs to rewrite the record capability into their app.
    maybe you should tell what the software is

TV Addicted
    app called Peggo comes into play. It allows you to rip audio from YouTube videos in two quick taps, and it can even download the actual video in full HD. The best part about all of this is that it works on Android, so you don't even have to get off your couch to try it out. ....not in google app store ............but you can get it here ....

Code:
    https://rapidgator.net/file/2e694aa780177684eb76775d487693d2/Peggo.apk.html

Banned
    recording youtube is not like recording a stream
    url for youtube remains constant

TV Addicted
    Again, it shouldn't matter if the URL changes. Data flows into the box regardless of where it comes from. Once in the box the data can simply be moved to a local drive and saved....hence recorded video.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast