Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Question Windows Store...?!?

Just upgraded to Win 8.1, 64-bit...! Things have been re-located somewhere other than they were... No Start Button in Bottom Left Corner as it was in Win 7...! Found the Blue(Now Green) Sq which is the Store and all it does is show the Spinning Circle of Dots...! It does not Connect...! Everything else does as it should just in dif locales...!

This is what I get when I do complete a d/l and try to Open for Install :

"Where do you want to install?

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."

My Laptop IS the Device connected to the Microsoft Store via the Int...!

Lets Go !

This :

Code:
    https://www.askvg.com/did-you-know-wsreset-command-to-clear-windows-store-cache-in-windows-8-and-later/
    Is Good Also but it doesn't do the Trick as Now it shows... "Windows Store not available right now, Please try again later"...!

and Thanks for Your Link above which really should bee Coded...!

Thumbs up

I left it On and "Signing In", at the Store and this AM when I went to Resume where I left off at, everything seemed to bee Clicking Along almost Normally...! I say that with a Frown ... When Attempting to Resume, My Password would not Open to the Desktop Screen...! It would seem that Microsoft has Hi-Jacked Me PC and I Now have to use Me Microsoft Password to Log-in so I can Safely Surf the Web...!

Linux Mint is Definitely Looking Better and Better...!

Oh Boy,, this isn't Good at all...! I have a CPU/Memory Gauge installed and even if it is Not Connected to the Int, Win 8.1 is using 51-53% of the CPU, Memory is stable around 25%...! When using Win 7 Home Premium I could connect to the Int and leave it alone and it would use maybe 15-17% of the CPU and only around 15-17% of the Memory...! Win 8.1 has got to go. I will go Back to Win 7 Home Premium and Look Real Long at Linux Mint for Future OS...!

Oh and the Games from the Store in Win 8.1 are Not Downloaded to the PC, They use the Int Connection for Playing, unlike Win 7 HP where the Games were Downloaded and Installed, so One did not have to Connect to the Int to Play Them... and That, That Stinks...!

If you have hp forget it they lag on Windows 10
    Lets Go !

Running a Toshiba Satellite C875D-S7330, 17", 2.50GHz, 64Bit, 300GB Hard Drive with 8GB RAM...! Only thing hp here is the Printer/Scanner...! Lol..! Before I go to Win 10 Again I will use Mint...! I saw somewhere that a Linux OS can be made to Look Like Win XP...! That would bee OK for 4me...! I'm Old Fashioned and even Win 98SE was Great for all I do with a PC...! I Don't Need All the Fancy Gizmo Stuff, just email, some games and Exploring the Web...!

Got an HP OMNI PRO 110 AIO 20" PC waiting for More RAM and it will bee used for what I do and the Toshiba Laptop will Hit the Road...! I have a 64GB Flash Drive coming so I can Transfer All My Docs, Pics and some Folders from the Lappy to the AIO soon...!

I see there are even Android OS's available for PC's...! Wonder if any1 has Tried The...?!?

Exclamation

Ran Across this :
    Code:
    http://win7gadgets.com/pc-system/glass_cpu_ram.html
    d/l'd and installed... Works great... a Cool Blue which turns to Bright Red when getting Near the Danger Zone...!!!

Lots of Neat Gadgets at that site, as Always, Use at Your Own Risk...!!!

Fire From Within

I've had gadgets installed for quite a while, using 8Gadget Pack. Windows 10 technically does not support them, and will warn you on updates that it disables them due to being a security risk, but you can reactivate them easily. I run the CPU Usage monitor as well as the Network Meter

What I Like about the One in the Link, is, it Fits into the Bottom Task Bar out of the Way...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast