Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMang0 View Post
    Any idea if the Z7s will get an update that gives more than one slot for m3u like Buzz recently did on their boxes?

Or will that be a unique feature for the Z8s and above?
    Te Formuler techs did say that an MOL2 app may be in store for the Z7 models, but that was said some time ago and it was not a quarantine of when or even if at all.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Using m3u4u for EPG and experiencing performance issues such as buffering and long delays changing channels. I created my own Favorites list of channels and was able to populate almost all the TVG IDs. Saved and loaded the M3U file just fine and copied the XML link for the guide and everything looks good from the channel name updates, channel reorganization and guide. But now I'm experiencing more buffering and when I change channels and try to go back to the previous one there's a long delay. This is on two different Formuler Z8 boxes. When I don't use the M3U file and XML link the box performs much better. Has anyone else encountered this?

Is the MAC still attached to your code at the website ?

If so, then delete it and try your m3u again for results.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    Is the MAC still attached to your code at the website ?
    If so, then delete it and try your m3u again for results.
    Hey Crazed - Sorry I forgot to mention I'm not using MAC but rather M3U with username and password. Hopefully I interpreted your question correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by tat2boy View Post
    Hey Crazed - Sorry I forgot to mention I'm not using MAC but rather M3U with username and password. Hopefully I interpreted your question correctly.
    yes you have interpreted correctly.
    I ask about the MAC because with the Formuler boxes they work with m3u playlist with or without a MAC attached at the website (while other boxes need the MAC deleted at website in order to read an m3u file).
    Not that this will help, but prolly best to leave it unattached.

Are you hardwired to router or WiFi ?
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    yes you have interpreted correctly.
    Are you hardwired to router or WiFi ?
    Whew! I'm still green at this so glad I read your question correctly. Both Z8's are hardwired direct to the router. It's odd because when I connect to the service provider without using the M3U file then everything runs smoothly; except for the poor EPG guide.

Whew! I'm still green at this so glad I read your question correctly. Both Z8's are hardwired direct to the router. It's odd because when I connect to the service provider without using the M3U file then everything runs smoothly; except for the poor EPG guide.
    Things are going good here with same setup.
    Channels are a bit slow to change but nothing as you describe.

Have you installed the latest software/firmware ?
    The last one was a Beta release @ March 2nd.
    I installed it a few days ago and its been working fine.
    To access any Beta releases, enter the Software Update menu and then enter 0227 thru your remote and then hit the red button.

The last Official release was the January version I think.

What version is your Z8 at now ?
    Check that and update if needed.
    To check Firmware version, open the System Info from the Home screen / Launcher screen.
    To check IPTV version, open MOL2 and then open the side bar menu and then open the 'About' menu

Or simply open the Software Update from Home screen and current Firmware and IPTV versions will show there

Version releases...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...862#post266862
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Channels are a bit slow to change but nothing as you describe.
    Have you installed the latest software/firmware ?
    What version is your Z8 at now ?
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...862#post266862
    I believe I'm using the latest official versions.
    Firmware = 1.4.57
    MOL = 7.6.7

So are slow channel changes the norm when using M3U files? I appreciate the better EPG data and may have to get used to that then. It's annoyingly slow when going back to a channel I just left (i.e., channel 1 -> 2 and back to 1 again). This sometimes happens on channel recall as well.

I've always been hesitant installing Beta releases but may give it a try to see if it helps at all. Thanks for the instructions!

So are slow channel changes the norm when using M3U files?
    not generally , nope.
    Not as you describe, As I tested and stated in previous post.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12