no wired connection

Here's an odd one...on 3 seperate Z7+ (non 5G, the old one), wireless works, but wired will not catch an IP, just stays 0.0.0.0 and that is with wifi turned on as well as with it turned off, so wifi is the only connection option that works...any ideas?

just few suggestions. did you try different Ethernet cable? different port behind router? different router? see if new update is available and try to download/install and see the result. or is that happened after the update? try to factory reset and see if that helps. must be something common that is causing problem to all of your units. you said three separate then that may be software related issue if im not wrong.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by xayoz View Post
    Here's an odd one...on 3 seperate Z7+ (non 5G, the old one), wireless works, but wired will not catch an IP, just stays 0.0.0.0 and that is with wifi turned on as well as with it turned off, so wifi is the only connection option that works...any ideas?
    See if you get an indicator led light up when you plug ethernet into STB.
    No light, then it's usually a bad cable (or possibly bad STB connector or connection to circuit board in STB)

not a cable (3 locations = 3 cables unlikely to go all at once), not a router (2 different homes), was before and after newest update, will check ports/lights/factory set in next few days and respond back. thanks for all the suggestions, will let you know what works

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

Go into Settings and Turn OFF the Wifi then Disable it, Delete it if Necessary...! Turn OFF Stb, (Even Unplug it)Connect Ethernet Cable then Plug in and turn Stb ON and see what happens...! Is there anyway One can get into the Connection Settings and Change what is in there for the Ethernet Connection...?!?

not a cable (3 locations = 3 cables unlikely to go all at once), not a router (2 different homes), was before and after newest update, will check ports/lights/factory set in next few days and respond back. thanks for all the suggestions, will let you know what works
    Formuler knows this was a known issue
    check this Post >http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...net-connection
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-01-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: removed outside link

New router showed up yesterday, got it all set up, turned on 2 of the Formuler, immediately had a pop up for an update, did the update, and everything is working again, so not sure if it was the update or the router that fixed, but wired LAN works again. On a side note, with 10MBPS ADSL, there was a fair bit of buffering on Kodi, which I took to be simply the cost of using it on slower internet, but the new router, a Linksys EA9500 tri-band router, has solved that issue as well. With 23 devices connected to the router, and Formuler set on the router to take priority, there was no buffering at all. It simply ran smoothly for the first time ever at this location.

New router showed up yesterday, got it all set up, turned on 2 of the Formuler, immediately had a pop up for an update, did the update, and everything is working again, so not sure if it was the update or the router that fixed, but wired LAN works again. On a side note, with 10MBPS ADSL, there was a fair bit of buffering on Kodi, which I took to be simply the cost of using it on slower internet, but the new router, a Linksys EA9500 tri-band router, has solved that issue as well. With 23 devices connected to the router, and Formuler set on the router to take priority, there was no buffering at all. It simply ran smoothly for the first time ever at this location.
    I think the update fixed the wired Ethernet port problem on your STB.
    I think the Kodi buffering problem, when you were using wifi, was because you have 10mb/sec bandwidth, and 23 devices being recognized and serviced by your Router!

sorry, ...thats an (LOL)!

Very likely you are correct Shooty, but again, the new router fixed all buffering, and I have not reduced devices. I can not say enough how impressed I am with Linksys EA9500

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Very likely you are correct Shooty, but again, the new router fixed all buffering, and I have not reduced devices. I can not say enough how impressed I am with Linksys EA9500
    One Should bee Impressed :
    Code:
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_750EA9500/Linksys-EA9500.html?awcr=77103260674780&awdv=c&awkw=Linksys+EA9500+&awmt=e&awnw=o&awat=&awug=71589