Thread: Swing...!

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb Swing...!

Blast from way back in the Past :
    Code:
    https://youtu.be/5Umj2HOWcoE
    Gets Good after 1:10...!

Founding KISS drummer Peter Criss says He was Inspired by GK...!
    "I was passing the Metropole one night, I was around 18 years old and G K was there. He was my idol. I was in awe. I got to talk to him and he really liked me. He gave me lessons for about 6 months. He was great to take the time out to teach me. He once said to me, “You got it kid, you really got it. I’ve never seen anyone who wants it so bad, so I’ll take the time out to teach you.” My solo on my album I dedicated to him. Today when I do a solo I have that drum boogie sound and nobody uses it. The kids go wild but it’s not original. I’m doing something that was done in 1935.
    PETER CRISS KISS"

CCR drummer Doug Clifford reflects on GK :
    "Clifford has been playing the skins for more than 50 years.

“I was 13 and I had been collecting rock ’n’ roll records since I was 9, and I loved the music and I wanted to connect with it as a musician, but I just couldn’t decide on what instrument to play. Back in those days, there was a lot of horn sections, and I really was enamored with that R&B stuff, for sure,” he said.

Before almost deciding to become a sax player, Clifford said he saw musician G K play the drums on TV and was inspired by his showmanship.

“I just thought, ‘Wow. You know, I wanna do that. But I wanna do that in a rock ’n’ roll band,’” he said.

It wasn’t long afterward that Clifford, who was a high school freshman at the time, was in his first band.

“I met John (Fogerty) in the music room and he was playing rock ’n’ roll piano, which was forbidden, I mean really forbidden,” Clifford said. “When he took a little break, I walked up to him and I said, ‘Hey that’s Fats Domino and Little Richard. I have all those records.’ And he said, ‘Yeah?’ I said, ‘Yeah, you wanna start a band?’ He said, ‘Well, actually I play guitar. I’m looking for a piano player.’ I said, ‘Well, I know the guy. His name is Stu Cook.’ And that’s how we started as an instrumental trio.” ...

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Took a bit but 4me found it : the Gene Krupa Story

Code:
    https://youtu.be/XT1b3FfOsCM?t=5683
    Fast Forward to 1:34:43 !