Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone else have issues with z8 not playing TV series VOD?

I can play VOD movies with internal or external player, but when it comes to TV series the myonlinetv2 app crashes, if external player is chosen it doesnt give option to select player, just crashes.

Did you update your box? See if any update is available. If not then try to factory reset box then try again.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Yes I did update the box with latest firmware and software. I will try to do factory reset as I havent tried that yet. Thanks

yes try factory reset then let us know please.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

I did that this morning with no joy

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    the z8 plays TV Series without crashing... tested last night with z8
    Maybe your z8 resolution is set too high for your TV , which causing the crashing, but even when I set this too high here, the mol2 does not crash but the TV picture is interrupted often and randomly.
    Try adjusting that setting for results
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

No crashes here either. I did boot once and it said Resolution wasn't compatible so I hit the Resolution button and all was good.VOD fine here. No crashes
    I gather darkness to please me...

I can't play any VOD's on the Z8. New to the Z8 but not Formuler. Z7+ isn't playing VOD's either. Server related?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    I can't play any VOD's on the Z8. New to the Z8 but not Formuler. Z7+ isn't playing VOD's either. Server related?
    Been testing this since you posted and seems that VODs will not play thru Playlist Portal either on this z8... the LiveTV thru m3u Playlist Portals work fine thou.
    Have not tried other methods on the z8 yet (other then m3u Playlist method), but VODs are fine thru the Buzz box via MAC attached method.

Seems strange because VODs under m3u playlist portal worked fine on the z8 the last time they were checked on
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thanx for confirming my suspicions! One may think that this could possibly be software issues? Please post your findings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast