get active

Android Os - does most of what I need it to do

I have been using Linux Mint for so long now, I hardly give Windows a second thought anymore. Fact is, I found Android OS will do most of what I want it to do and no longer need Windows or the bloatware that comes with it. Linux has evolved so it makes it easy to install the drivers and related software during the installation of Linux. GUI makes it easier to use and software managers, update managers does everything so knowing linux commands are not required. You pick the software, it installs it, you pick the hardware, it installs the drivers and interface. It helps to look for new printers or hardware that Linux works with like the HP 1020 or 1022 printers but most mice will install and work without doing a whole lot of anything. If you have a spare hard drive, download the latest Linux Mint OS and burn it to disk or USB and install it on your unused hard drive. Take it for a spin as Office is loaded and ready to use when you're done installing it. Happy trails, no blue screens and no regrets so far.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Thanks for That Review, Very Informative...! Might just make that move Meself...!

TV Addicted
    It's a good way to avoid malware and viruses

Question

Can it Still bee Installed on an existing Hard Drive along with Winblows and if so...??? How easy/hard is it to transfer Pictures and Files from Win to Linux, if it is even possible...?!? Example if I have a Picture in Wins can I locate it and Send it to a Place on the Mint without problems...? TIA...!

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Can it Still bee Installed on an existing Hard Drive along with Winblows and if so...??? How easy/hard is it to transfer Pictures and Files from Win to Linux, if it is even possible...?!? Example if I have a Picture in Wins can I locate it and Send it to a Place on the Mint without problems...? TIA...!
    Well, I would not recommend Windows as a dual boot option. Reason, I found that Microsoft Windows interferes with drivers, software and settings. Example: Printer driver was uninstalled or replaced, boot priority became another issue with some configuration files missing, changed or no longer available ? To be sure, I just powered off my PC, physically removed the drive that Windows was on, reinstalled the Nvmedia drive, reinstalled Linux Mint 19.3 and then installed Manjaro as a dual boot option. I usually use Manjaro as my main go to Os as spam has also been all but a memory with Private Internet Access as my online VPN which I never use with my IPTV service on my Android boxes. Its fast, its clean and the softtware/drivers update automatically. Some people may experience some issues with newer hardware although I'm running a Ryzen 7 system with a 3700x CPU and a Sapphire Rx 5700XT Nitro SE graphics card which Manjaro installs a driver that differs from the AMD driver which will not install on this particular version of Linux. Seems Manjaro is becoming a very popular distro but for anyone who wants some first hand advice on Linux, versions and which may be suitable for you and your system try Youtube Linux videos.

For those who want Windows, I would recommend they leave Windows on a separate disk and power off their system, remove the drive with Linux on it and install the drive with Windows on it.
    Depending on how long the Windows disk has been removed, several updates may be expected before its back up and running but the bloatware will be a reminder why it takes longer to boot and longer to respond.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 02-07-2020 at 02:26 AM.

you can run Linux from an external hardrive ..via usb port has to be bootable....many instructions on how to do it ...where you download Linux there usually are instructions on creating a bootable disk and putting Linux on it....even an 8 gig usb stick would work..............

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Windows is really a ripoff everyone needs to send them to the trash can. The first windows program I ever had worked better with less than a hundredth of the memory, a thousandth of the cpu mem a tenthousandth of the cpu power and a millionth of the hard drive, Real REGRESS instead of PROGRESS, sounds like a particular "Progressive" political party to me. THIS IS A GUARANTEED NON POLITICAL STATEMENT,, HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    Windows is really a ripoff everyone needs to send them to the trash can. The first windows program I ever had worked better with less than a hundredth of the memory, a thousandth of the cpu mem a tenthousandth of the cpu power and a millionth of the hard drive, Real REGRESS instead of PROGRESS, sounds like a particular "Progressive" political party to me. THIS IS A GUARANTEED NON POLITICAL STATEMENT,, HAHA.
    So much of the online slow down of computers is all the Video via Entertainment ..articles and advertisement ........Back during Windows 95 and Windows 98 ....we didn't have those problems as much...

Yeah, Win 98SE did More than Most of US needed...! Wish I could Still use it...! Loved the Chemistry Beaker, Animated of Course...!