I have been using Linux Mint for so long now, I hardly give Windows a second thought anymore. Fact is, I found Android OS will do most of what I want it to do and no longer need Windows or the bloatware that comes with it. Linux has evolved so it makes it easy to install the drivers and related software during the installation of Linux. GUI makes it easier to use and software managers, update managers does everything so knowing linux commands are not required. You pick the software, it installs it, you pick the hardware, it installs the drivers and interface. It helps to look for new printers or hardware that Linux works with like the HP 1020 or 1022 printers but most mice will install and work without doing a whole lot of anything. If you have a spare hard drive, download the latest Linux Mint OS and burn it to disk or USB and install it on your unused hard drive. Take it for a spin as Office is loaded and ready to use when you're done installing it. Happy trails, no blue screens and no regrets so far.