Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Exclamation Search Engines...

I saw, in an earlier Post, something about Duck Duck Go and just awhile ago, this :
    Code:
    https://www.quora.com/Why-should-I-use-DuckDuckGo-instead-of-Google/answer/Gabriel-Weinberg
    came across Me Screen...!

Search Engines have Hidden Agendas...! Not

Rocket Recovery Technician
    You can also use startpage.com and it does not track anything etc.

Ambassador
    But can you believe that? They all say that.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    you would know by what type of adds follow you around, when online.
    If the web browser is tracking you and 'selling' that info to whomever, then you'd see the adds presented to you as things you already looked at or seemed interested in with your online recent browsing habits.

Google and Chrome and others attached to them are the worst.
    Google are and will eventually be involved with any en-devour that is a money maker. And who better for them to advertise (on the sly) their buisness adventures with, ummmm that would be Google
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    This is an important subject to us all.
    Thnx 4me2c for bringing this up.
    This could be an important discussion and anyone with any thoughts about all this, please do let us know
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Fire From Within

I use DuckDuckGo as my default search engine, but have the others available as well, as sometimes need more search results. DuckDuckGo is pretty good though. I hate that these big internet companies gather marketing data on me, through other methods, like YouTube videos, or twitter follows, but I filter ads, and its not a big deal. If they want to send me ads about Game of Thrones, aviation and how people make animals into food, let them try!

Watered Down
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    I use DuckDuckGo as my default search engine, but have the others available as well, as sometimes need more search results. DuckDuckGo is pretty good though. I hate that these big internet companies gather marketing data on me, through other methods, like YouTube videos, or twitter follows, but I filter ads, and its not a big deal. If they want to send me ads about Game of Thrones, aviation and how people make animals into food, let them try!
    Do not give
    Code:
    https://www.searchencrypt.com
    a try . . .

It will jack you up,

Exclamation Danger Will Robinson....!

" Author: Andy GreenbergAndy Greenberg

security 04.09.19 11:30 pm

Mysterious Hackers Hid Their Swiss Army Spyware for 5 Years..."

More Here :
    Code:
    https://www.wired.com/story/tajmahal-swiss-army-spyware-apt/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
    "Security researchers still aren't sure who's behind the versatile TajMahal spyware—or how they went undetected for so long.
    Alyssa Foote"

It's not every day that security researchers discover a new state-sponsored hacking group. Even rarer is the emergence of one whose spyware has 80 distinct components, capable of strange and unique cyberespionage tricks—and who's kept those tricks under wraps for more than five years.

In a talk at the Kaspersky Security Analyst Summit in Singapore Wednesday, Kaspersky security researcher Alexey Shulmin revealed the security firm's discovery of a new spyware framework—an adaptable, modular piece of software with a range of plugins for distinct espionage tasks—that it's calling TajMahal. The TajMahal framework's 80 modules, Shulmin says, comprise not only the typical keylogging and screengrabbing features of spyware, but also never-before-seen and obscure tricks. It can intercept documents in a printer queue, and keep track of "files of interest," automatically stealing them if a USB drive is inserted into the infected machine. And that unique spyware toolkit, Kaspersky says, bears none of the fingerprints of any known nation-state hacker group."...! ...

"Nor has Kaspersky determined how the hackers behind TajMahal gain initial access to a victim network. But they do note that the group plants an initial backdoor program on machines, which the hackers labelled Tokyo. That backdoor uses the tool PowerShell, often exploited by hackers, to allow the intruders to spread their compromise, connect to the a command-and-control server, and plant TajMahal's much more multifunctional payload spyware, labelled by the hackers as Yokohama, with its dozens of distinct modules.1 "...!

One has to Read the Whole Article to get the jist of it..!

Code:
    https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-my-ISP-is-spying-on-my-web-browsing-Does-DuckDuckGo-fix-that/answer/Gabriel-Weinberg

BRAVE Browser

I've been using BRAVE Browser ......... like it a lot...........

Code:
    https://laptop-updates.brave.com/latest/winx64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast